unable to find the file

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
 i am unable to open the files. it says that the file can not be found
                                          Deepak Jain

Re: unable to find the file

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Deepak,

You need to provide a little more context. There are a lot of possible reasons for this error. For example, did you rename your file in your operating system? Did you move it? Did you delete it? Is it in a location (e.g., a network drive or USB stick) that is not currently available?

So, start by telling us what operating system you are using, what GnuCash version you are using, and how you arrived at the error.

David

> On Apr 16, 2017, at 6:44 PM, deepak jain via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  i am unable to open the files. it says that the file can not be found
>                                           Deepak Jain

Re: unable to find the file

John Ralls-2

> On Apr 16, 2017, at 7:04 AM, David T. via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Deepak,
>
> You need to provide a little more context. There are a lot of possible reasons for this error. For example, did you rename your file in your operating system? Did you move it? Did you delete it? Is it in a location (e.g., a network drive or USB stick) that is not currently available?
>
> So, start by telling us what operating system you are using, what GnuCash version you are using, and how you arrived at the error.

Deepak and David,

This is a user question. I've cc'd that list, please remove gnucash-devel from replies and continue the discussion in gnucash-user.