trac wiki ToC

Tim Wunder (Lists)
Is there a way to get the Trac Wiki pages to create a Table of Contents like
the gnomesupport.org wiki?

Having the ToC like this page:
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashFaq
looks better than this page:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/wiki/GnuCashFaq

Thanks,
Tim

--
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz), Linux 2.6.14-1.1637_FC4
KDE: 3.4.3-1.1.fc4.kde, xorg-x11-6.8.2-37.FC4.49.2

Re: trac wiki ToC

Josh Sled
On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 16:52 -0500, Tim Wunder wrote:
> Is there a way to get the Trac Wiki pages to create a Table of Contents like
> the gnomesupport.org wiki?
>
> Having the ToC like this page:
> http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashFaq
> looks better than this page:
> http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/wiki/GnuCashFaq

I installed an aftermarket TOC plugin from the Trac macro bazzar, as
evidenced http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/wiki/SandBox .  I wasn't thrilled
with it's stock output, as it did a right-floating box of ~30% of the
container-width... which, especially with our long headlines =
questions, just doens't work.

In any case, I just tweaked the stylesheet to make it a reasonable
full-width TOC, similar to the gnomesupport one.  Does that work?

...jsled
--
http://asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`

Re: trac wiki ToC

Tim Wunder (Lists)
On Saturday 26 November 2005 5:55 pm, someone claiming to be Josh Sled wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 16:52 -0500, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > Is there a way to get the Trac Wiki pages to create a Table of Contents
> > like the gnomesupport.org wiki?
> >
> > Having the ToC like this page:
> > http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashFaq
> > looks better than this page:
> > http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/wiki/GnuCashFaq
>
> I installed an aftermarket TOC plugin from the Trac macro bazzar, as
> evidenced http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/wiki/SandBox .  I wasn't thrilled
> with it's stock output, as it did a right-floating box of ~30% of the
> container-width... which, especially with our long headlines =
> questions, just doens't work.
>
> In any case, I just tweaked the stylesheet to make it a reasonable
> full-width TOC, similar to the gnomesupport one.  Does that work?

Sorta. The question numbering is whacked out. The numbering doesn't seem to
follow the heading levels. And the TOC created doesn't seem to work. You
click on the links and nothing happens. It should take you to the
question/section. And, if you notice with the GnuCashFaq on gnomesupport.org,
you can edit each individual question/section. Can that be done with the
"aftermarket" plugin TOC?

Tim

Re: trac wiki ToC

Christian Stimming
Am Sonntag, 27. November 2005 04:56 schrieb Tim Wunder:

> > > Is there a way to get the Trac Wiki pages to create a Table of Contents
> > > like the gnomesupport.org wiki?
> > >
> > > Having the ToC like this page:
> > > http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashFaq
> > > looks better than this page:
> > > http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/wiki/GnuCashFaq
> >
> And, if you notice with the GnuCashFaq on
> gnomesupport.org, you can edit each individual question/section. Can that
> be done with the "aftermarket" plugin TOC?

I guess that's a feature that was specific to the MediaWiki wiki at
gnomesupport.org, whereas trac is based on the MoinMoinWiki which doesn't
have that feature at all. The German wiki ( http://linuxwiki.de/GnuCash ) is
a MoinMoin one and it doesn't have that feature anywhere, too. (It does have
a functioning TOC, though.)

Christian

Re: trac wiki ToC

Derek Atkins
Quoting Christian Stimming <[hidden email]>:

>> And, if you notice with the GnuCashFaq on
>> gnomesupport.org, you can edit each individual question/section. Can that
>> be done with the "aftermarket" plugin TOC?
>
> I guess that's a feature that was specific to the MediaWiki wiki at
> gnomesupport.org, whereas trac is based on the MoinMoinWiki which doesn't
> have that feature at all. The German wiki ( http://linuxwiki.de/GnuCash ) is
> a MoinMoin one and it doesn't have that feature anywhere, too. (It does have
> a functioning TOC, though.)

That begs the question:  why isn't the ToC working?  Why don't we get
the forward-labels?  And why does the ToC include headers from earlier
in the document than the ToC itself?

Re: trac wiki ToC

Tim Wunder (Lists)
On Sunday 27 November 2005 10:35 am, someone claiming to be Derek Atkins
wrote:

> Quoting Christian Stimming <[hidden email]>:

> >> And, if you notice with the GnuCashFaq on
> >> gnomesupport.org, you can edit each individual question/section. Can
> >> that be done with the "aftermarket" plugin TOC?
> >
> > I guess that's a feature that was specific to the MediaWiki wiki at
> > gnomesupport.org, whereas trac is based on the MoinMoinWiki which doesn't
> > have that feature at all. The German wiki ( http://linuxwiki.de/GnuCash )
> > is a MoinMoin one and it doesn't have that feature anywhere, too. (It
> > does have a functioning TOC, though.)
>
> That begs the question:  why isn't the ToC working?  Why don't we get
> the forward-labels?  And why does the ToC include headers from earlier
> in the document than the ToC itself?

Not to mention the question whether MediaWiki could be used on
svn.gnucash.org, thereby eliminating the reformatting required to migrate the
pages from gnomesupport.org......

Tim

TIm