"Un remember" password/PIN

randix
When updating transactions using online banking on a particular account, you get a prompt to enter your password.

Just below the password prompt box, there is a box to "remember PIN" (never could understand why it says "password" in one place, and "PIN" in the other, but that's not my question).

If you click that box to "remember PIN", how do you go about unchecking that box should you change your mind later, since that whole screen is subsequently bypassed once clicked?  The only way I've done it is to copy over supplemental GnuCash files from my backup, and figure there must be a more artful way.  I do also note that in "Preferences" there is a brief section for Online Banking that also has a "remember PIN" option, but I'm clueless what impact that has when the option is selected on an individual account--it has zero impact as far as I can tell.

Guidance, suggestions, directions?

Thanks.

btw, running GnCash 2.6.13, on Windows 10 with the anniversary update installed

Re: "Un remember" password/PIN

Dean Gibson-3
In my experience, exiting GnuCash erases that memory.

On 2016-09-17 08:36, Steve wrote:
> ... how do you go about unchecking that box should you change your mind later, since that whole screen is
> subsequently bypassed once clicked?

Re: "Un remember" password/PIN

randix
I have tried exiting totally out of GnuCash (just tried it again to make sure), and no, on the account in question, it still does not prompt me for a password...

Re: "Un remember" password/PIN

nvsoar
On 09/17/16 11:30, Steve wrote:

> I have tried exiting totally out of GnuCash (just tried it again to make
> sure), and no, on the account in question, it still does not prompt me for a
> password...

FWIW
If the password is remembered in a 'cookie' on your browser, then this
link may assist if your browser is a microsoft program.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies

For the firefox browser try this link -
https://www.google.com/search?q=firefox+manage+cookies&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
nvsoar