problem with bill

PCM

problem with bill

PCM
Hi,

I am trying to get rid of a transaction or modify it. When I try to
delete I get "Generated from an Invoice, try un-posting the invoice".
(it is actually a bill: a refund to a customer)

I search for all invoices for this customer, some of them are described
as posted but when I try to un-post them, I only get the "post-them"
menu item.

I tried to have gnucash check the database, but no problem seems to be
found.

Where should I look ?

Thanks.

Philippe

Re: problem with bill

Derek Atkins
Try searching by "invoice ID".  The invoice ID is printed in the AR or
AP account.  Search by that to find the invoice, then unpost it.

-derek

Quoting "Philippe C. Martin" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get rid of a transaction or modify it. When I try to
> delete I get "Generated from an Invoice, try un-posting the invoice".
> (it is actually a bill: a refund to a customer)
>
> I search for all invoices for this customer, some of them are described
> as posted but when I try to un-post them, I only get the "post-them"
> menu item.
>
> I tried to have gnucash check the database, but no problem seems to be
> found.
>
> Where should I look ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Philippe

PCM

Re: problem with bill

PCM
But how do I see the ID when I look at the transaction in the ledger?

(I usually put my customer name in it ... but no go)

PS: that is the only line that shows something in the Ref field "00000"
and Action field "Bill"

Thanks,

Philippe

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Try searching by "invoice ID".  The invoice ID is printed in the AR or
> AP account.  Search by that to find the invoice, then unpost it.
>
> -derek
>
> Quoting "Philippe C. Martin" <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to get rid of a transaction or modify it. When I try to
>> delete I get "Generated from an Invoice, try un-posting the invoice".
>> (it is actually a bill: a refund to a customer)
>>
>> I search for all invoices for this customer, some of them are described
>> as posted but when I try to un-post them, I only get the "post-them"
>> menu item.
>>
>> I tried to have gnucash check the database, but no problem seems to be
>> found.
>>
>> Where should I look ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Philippe

Re: problem with bill

Derek Atkins
Expand the Ref column.  There's usually six digits, so you're
missing the last digit off the "00000X" -- figure out "X"
and then search on that.