problem with add new translation

rat-2
        Hi

I try make translation to Polish, but I have problem.
After create new account (new dir pl_PL in accounts and copy files with
some translations) and create Makefile.am (in accounts/pl_PL) for this
account, and add pl_PL to SUBDIRS in accounts/Makefile.am, and modyfi
configure.in

diff configure.in configure.in~
1205c1205
< AC_OUTPUT( intl/Makefile po/Makefile.in
---
> AC_OUTPUT(
1219d1218
<           accounts/pl_PL/Makefile

I don't get new/translated tree in program space.

        Can You help me?

                        szczur

Re: problem with add new translation

Christian Stimming
Hi Szczur,

did I get this right: You try to add new translations of the *account
templates*, not of the program itself? Okay, for new account templates,
basically everything you described is correct -- add Makefile.am in
accounts/pl_PL, add that to SUBDIRS in accounts/Makefile.am, modify
configure.in.

You would need to check now whether your newly created file
accounts/pl_PL/Makefile.am was actually processed by automake/configure.
After running ./autogen.sh and "make", do you have a file
accounts/pl_PL/Makefile (in addition to .am and .in)? If not, then the build
system didn't pick these up correctly and there was an error message during
build. In that case you need to send that error message here and we can tell
you how to fix it.

If the file accounts/pl_PL/Makefile exists, then in fact after running "make
install" the new account templates should be available in the program space.
Did you change the variable "accountdir" in your Makefile.am file to the
pl_PL subdirectory?

In any case, I would happily accept your newly translated account templates
and add them to CVS, so that they appear in the next release. Simply send
them as tarball to me privately.

Best regards,

Christian

Am Samstag, 27. August 2005 23:46 schrieb rat:

> Hi
>
> I try make translation to Polish, but I have problem.
> After create new account (new dir pl_PL in accounts and copy files with
> some translations) and create Makefile.am (in accounts/pl_PL) for this
> account, and add pl_PL to SUBDIRS in accounts/Makefile.am, and modyfi
> configure.in
>
> diff configure.in configure.in~
> 1205c1205
> < AC_OUTPUT( intl/Makefile po/Makefile.in
> ---
>
> > AC_OUTPUT(
>
> 1219d1218
> <           accounts/pl_PL/Makefile
>
> I don't get new/translated tree in program space.
>
> Can You help me?
>
> szczur

Re: problem with add new translation

rat-2
Dnia 28-08-2005, nie o godzinie 11:18 +0200, Christian Stimming
napisaƂ(a):

> Hi Szczur,
>
> did I get this right: You try to add new translations of the *account
> templates*, not of the program itself? Okay, for new account templates,
> basically everything you described is correct -- add Makefile.am in
> accounts/pl_PL, add that to SUBDIRS in accounts/Makefile.am, modify
> configure.in.
>
> You would need to check now whether your newly created file
> accounts/pl_PL/Makefile.am was actually processed by automake/configure.
> After running ./autogen.sh and "make", do you have a file
> accounts/pl_PL/Makefile (in addition to .am and .in)? If not, then the build
> system didn't pick these up correctly and there was an error message during
> build. In that case you need to send that error message here and we can tell
> you how to fix it.

Makefile is generated.

> If the file accounts/pl_PL/Makefile exists, then in fact after running "make
> install" the new account templates should be available in the program space.

Yea should be.
Exacly this is problem, after "make install" new translated files is
instaled in program directory, but not visible in program space
(variable set to: LANG=pl_PL; LANGUAGE=pl_PL; LC_ALL=pl_PL).

> Did you change the variable "accountdir" in your Makefile.am file to the
> pl_PL subdirectory?

yes, ofcourse.