print invoice crashes gnucash

robert belanger
Hi,

I get the following output when I attempt to print an invoice...

/usr/bin/guile: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so.15:
undefined symbol:
libgnome_internal_hack_added_post_1_4_do_not_use_util_home_file

I have been searching through the archives but can't find any similar
problem.

Has anyone else seen this ?

It doesn't look like a gnucash error ( no automatic bug submission form)

What other info might be needed to help identify the problem ?

/bobb

Re: print invoice crashes gnucash

Andrew Sackville-West

bob belanger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following output when I attempt to print an invoice...
>

> /usr/bin/guile: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so.15:
> undefined symbol:
> libgnome_internal_hack_added_post_1_4_do_not_use_util_home_file

was this terminal output? or in a pop-up window?
I assume printing works alright otherwise? Has printing worked from
gnucash before?

I think you might be missing a dependency? provide some system details.

> I have been searching through the archives but can't find any similar
> problem.
>
> Has anyone else seen this ?
>
> It doesn't look like a gnucash error ( no automatic bug submission form)
>
> What other info might be needed to help identify the problem ?
>
> /bobb

Re: print invoice crashes gnucash

this sounds like a dependent library changed out from under you.
What OS/Distro?  And what packages have you updated lately?

-derek

bob belanger <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I get the following output when I attempt to print an invoice...
>

> /usr/bin/guile: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so.15:
> undefined symbol:
> libgnome_internal_hack_added_post_1_4_do_not_use_util_home_file
>

> I have been searching through the archives but can't find any similar
> problem.
>
> Has anyone else seen this ?
>
> It doesn't look like a gnucash error ( no automatic bug submission form)
>
> What other info might be needed to help identify the problem ?
>
> /bobb

Re: print invoice crashes gnucash

Louis Bouchard
I would like to state that I have had this problem too (Bug 319173)
using Redhat Fedora Core 4 Kernal 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4.

Louis Bouchard
Rochester Minnesota
[hidden email]

Derek Atkins wrote:

>this sounds like a dependent library changed out from under you.
>What OS/Distro?  And what packages have you updated lately?
>
>-derek
>
>bob belanger <[hidden email]> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I get the following output when I attempt to print an invoice...
>>

>>/usr/bin/guile: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so.15:
>>undefined symbol:
>>libgnome_internal_hack_added_post_1_4_do_not_use_util_home_file
>>

>>I have been searching through the archives but can't find any similar
>>problem.
>>
>>Has anyone else seen this ?
>>
>>It doesn't look like a gnucash error ( no automatic bug submission form)
>>
>>What other info might be needed to help identify the problem ?
>>
>>/bobb

Re: print invoice crashes gnucash

Derek Atkins
Bug 319173 is just the "you saved a report as a custom report without
changing the report name" problem.  See:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_GnuCash_crashes_when_I_run_a_Custom_Report_saying_something_about_a_Stack_Overflow.__What_does_this_mean.3F

-derek