price quotes

sdrach
I tried several times this weekend to get stock price quotes and I
keep getting "There was an unknown error while retrieving quotes."
Great.  Now what do I do?  This has worked for years.
My feed is Yahoo.  Any ideas?

Re: price quotes

John Reynolds-5

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:09:53 -0700, "Steve Drach" <[hidden email]>
said:
> I tried several times this weekend to get stock price quotes and I
> keep getting "There was an unknown error while retrieving quotes."
> Great.  Now what do I do?  This has worked for years.
> My feed is Yahoo.  Any ideas?

Steve,

I had a similar problem. I solved it by running "gnc-fq-check" a second
time. I'm a little foggy on what happened next, but I think gnc-fq-check
told me I was missing some Math::???? module. So i installed it using
CPAN.

I know that's not the best tip you ever got, but if you work it you
might come up with your own solution.

HTH,

JohnR

Re: price quotes

Steve Kelem-3
 From where do you run gnc-fq-check?

Thanks,
Steve

John Reynolds said the following on 07/17/2006 06:28 AM:

> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:09:53 -0700, "Steve Drach" <[hidden email]>
> said:
>
> ...snip...
> Steve,
>
> I had a similar problem. I solved it by running "gnc-fq-check" a second
> time. I'm a little foggy on what happened next, but I think gnc-fq-check
> told me I was missing some Math::???? module. So i installed it using
> CPAN.
>
> I know that's not the best tip you ever got, but if you work it you
> might come up with your own solution.
>
> HTH,
>
> JohnR

Re: price quotes

David Hampton-2
On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 10:11 -0700, Steve Kelem wrote:
>  From where do you run gnc-fq-check?

gnc-fq-check should be installed in the same directory as the gnucash
binary.  Note this is the 2.0 name for the program.  It was called
finance-quote-check in 1.8.

> > I had a similar problem. I solved it by running "gnc-fq-check" a second
> > time. I'm a little foggy on what happened next, but I think gnc-fq-check
> > told me I was missing some Math::???? module. So i installed it using
> > CPAN.

If you had a working F::Q installation with gnucash 1.8 and its no
longer working with gnucash 2.0, then you need to install the perl
Crypt::SSLeay module.  This module is required by the latest version of
Finance::Quote (v1.12), so the scripts in gnucash 2.0 were updated to
check for it as well.  You can install this perl module via a package
manager (its the perl-Crypt-SSLeay package on Fedora), or via CPAN.