newbie question

Glenn English

Re: newbie question

Maf. King
On Sunday 24 September 2006 21:07, Glenn English wrote:

> I've been using gnucash for a year or so, and I just tried to select a
> number of accounts for a report, and it doesn't seem to work. I'm using
> version 2.0.1.
>
> In the Options window (transaction report) there's are lists of accounts
> to be displayed in the report. Select All works and Clear All works.
> Selecting a group with shift-click works. But I want to select a
> non-contiguous group. CTL and ALT don't seem to have any effect, and
> I've googled and searched the list archive.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

CTRL - Left click works for me on 2.0.1
I can quite happily (de)select random accounts this way.

HTH,
Maf.

Re: newbie question

Glenn English

Re: newbie question

Maf. King
On Monday 25 September 2006 02:17, Glenn English wrote:
> Maf. King wrote:
> > CTRL - Left click works for me on 2.0.1
> > I can quite happily (de)select random accounts this way.
>
> That's what I was afraid I was going to hear -- it sure doesn't for me.
> Does on 1.8, though. Debian etch OS...

Hi,

Maybe it is some issue in your gnome-2 config?

1.8 used the gnome-1 libs, whereas the 2.x gnucash series is now fully
converted to the gnome-2 libs.  I use SuSE 10.1 / KDE mostly, and am not very
familiar with the whole g2 configuration side of things. In KDE, you can
remap/re-assign the "meta" keys (ctrl, alt, etc)  Maybe something similar has
crept into your g2 config?

I'll stop shooting in the dark now...

Maf.

Re: newbie question