italian translation of the documentaion

Fabrizio Mancini-2
Hi list,
i'm translating the english documentation to italian.
I would like to know which is the best way to translate the documentation, and if someone else is translating the docs to italian.
And once completed where i can send the docs translated.
Thanks
fabrizio

Re: italian translation of the documentaion

Christian Stimming
Hi Fabrizio,

thank you very much for offering to help with translations. Much
documentation about the different translation areas is collected in the
file doc/TRANSLATION_HOWTO in the recent gnucash packages. But if you
start to work, you should definitely only use the current up-to-date
source from SVN (we switched from CVS to SVN a month ago), see
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashSvn .

An online copy of that TRANSLATION_HOWTO document is at
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashTranslation and it has a
special section
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashTranslation#How_to_translate_the_GnuCash_guide_and.2For_help_files
about your question.

As soon as you have the first intermediate translated versions, you can
email them to the gnucash-patches mailing list (see
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-patches ) and we will
commit that to the SVN source.

Regards,

Christian

On 12/1/05, Christian Stimming <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fabrizio,

thank you very much for offering to help with translations. Much
documentation about the different translation areas is collected in the
file doc/TRANSLATION_HOWTO in the recent gnucash packages. But if you
start to work, you should definitely only use the current up-to-date
source from SVN (we switched from CVS to SVN a month ago), see
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashSvn .

ok thank you for the recommedations.
I'll read them.

An online copy of that TRANSLATION_HOWTO document is at
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashTranslation and it has a
special section
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashTranslation#How_to_translate_the_GnuCash_guide_and.2For_help_files
about your question.

As soon as you have the first intermediate translated versions, you can
email them to the gnucash-patches mailing list (see
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-patches ) and we will
commit that to the SVN source.

perfect . When i'll finish the translation i'll post it to the mailing list.
Thank
se you soon
fabrizio