importing transactions from other systems

importing transactions from other systems

Rich Duzenbury-5
Hi all,

I've been reading up on importing transactions, and have run into a few
questions which I hope you can help with.  I've got a web based system
that generates invoices, but then they have to be hand recorded into
gnucash.

As I understand, gnucash cannot currently import accounts receivable
invoices or accounts payable bills.  Is this correct?

However, It seems that I should be able to write some code to build a
file that could be imported into the AR and AP ledgers.  Is this
correct?

Any help and advice on importing invoices or bills, or at least their
underlying transactions would be greatly appreciated.  I have managed to
find a few bits on google, but not much regarding AP & AR.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rich

Re: importing transactions from other systems

Derek Atkins
Rich Duzenbury <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been reading up on importing transactions, and have run into a few
> questions which I hope you can help with.  I've got a web based system
> that generates invoices, but then they have to be hand recorded into
> gnucash.
>
> As I understand, gnucash cannot currently import accounts receivable
> invoices or accounts payable bills.  Is this correct?

Yes.

> However, It seems that I should be able to write some code to build a
> file that could be imported into the AR and AP ledgers.  Is this
> correct?

Not quite.  There's no way to import anything into the business
features.  Yes, you could get something into the AR or AP register,
but you might as well just use an Asset or Liability because none
of the business features will accept it.

> Any help and advice on importing invoices or bills, or at least their
> underlying transactions would be greatly appreciated.  I have managed to
> find a few bits on google, but not much regarding AP & AR.

There's no support for doing what you want at this time.  If you're
curageous you can try to work on the QSF Import work that was
unfinished.  That would let you import an XML-format document
containing Invoices or Bills into GnuCash.