how to find duplicate transactions?

David Andel
Hi all

I've got repeatedly the problem that I have a receipt of something I've
paid and then it's listed also on some of my bank or credit card statements.
Of course I am not going to check the duplicates by hand, so now I'm
left with some transactions being recorded twice in GnuCash - most of
them in different accounts.

How can I check for these duplicates automatically and delete one of them?

Thanks a lot!

Re: how to find duplicate transactions?

Derek Atkins
All the importers will help you detect duplicates, but you need to be
consistent in your account usage.  If you're entering everything by hand
the only way to detect duplicates is to use the Find Transactions screen
to find the transactions that you think are duplicates, and then you can
delete one of them.

-derek