Quantcast

gnucash-user Archives unsearchable

Eric Theise
In case this has not been reported before, clicking the link on the
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user page that lets you
"search the gnucash-user Archives" results in a 404.

Re: gnucash-user Archives unsearchable

GnuCash - User mailing list

This is a long known issue. Search using Google, specifying "site:lists.gnucash.com"

  On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 3:55, Eric Theise<[hidden email]> wrote:   In case this has not been reported before, clicking the link on the
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user page that lets you
"search the gnucash-user Archives" results in a 404.

Re: gnucash-user Archives unsearchable

Anita Graves-2
the domain GnuCash.com <http://gnucash.com/> is for sale?????

What will happen to GnuCash now????

I would appreciate some information about this as I have come to depend on GC….

Thanks very much,
Anita Graves

> On 4 May 2017, at 6:19 AM, David T. via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> This is a long known issue. Search using Google, specifying "site:lists.gnucash.com"
>

>  On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 3:55, Eric Theise<[hidden email]> wrote:   In case this has not been reported before, clicking the link on the
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user page that lets you
> "search the gnucash-user Archives" results in a 404.

Re: gnucash-user Archives unsearchable

Geert Janssens-4
On donderdag 4 mei 2017 08:26:14 CEST Anita Graves wrote:
> the domain GnuCash.com <http://gnucash.com/> is for sale?????

That's very likely so indeed and probably has been for a very long time. The
gnucash project is using
http://gnucash.org
not
http://gnucash.com

> What will happen to GnuCash now????

It will just continue to exist as it has for decades. This will continue to be
so as long as there are people willing to work on it and use it.

> I would appreciate some information about this as I have come to depend on
> GC….

That's great to hear. Rest assured nothing has changed.

David just used the wrong domain name in his search string. It should have
been "site:lists.gnucash.org".

Re: gnucash-user Archives unsearchable

GnuCash - User mailing list
Geert is right; I mistyped. Darned small screen interfaces.
Thanks, Geert for correcting this.
David

  On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 12:04, Geert Janssens<[hidden email]> wrote:   On donderdag 4 mei 2017 08:26:14 CEST Anita Graves wrote:
> the domain GnuCash.com <http://gnucash.com/> is for sale?????

That's very likely so indeed and probably has been for a very long time. The
gnucash project is using
http://gnucash.org
not
http://gnucash.com

> What will happen to GnuCash now????

It will just continue to exist as it has for decades. This will continue to be
so as long as there are people willing to work on it and use it.

> I would appreciate some information about this as I have come to depend on
> GC….

That's great to hear. Rest assured nothing has changed.

David just used the wrong domain name in his search string. It should have
been "site:lists.gnucash.org".

Re: gnucash-user Archives unsearchable

Anita Graves-2
Well I feel much better knowing that GC will carry on and on and on….(I hope!)  Anita

> On 4 May 2017, at 10:40 AM, David T. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Geert is right; I mistyped. Darned small screen interfaces.
>
> Thanks, Geert for correcting this.
>
> David
>

> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 12:04, Geert Janssens
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On donderdag 4 mei 2017 08:26:14 CEST Anita Graves wrote:
> > the domain GnuCash.com <http://gnucash.com/ <http://gnucash.com/>> is for sale?????
>
> That's very likely so indeed and probably has been for a very long time. The
> gnucash project is using
> http://gnucash.org <http://gnucash.org/>
> not
> http://gnucash.com <http://gnucash.com/>
>

> > What will happen to GnuCash now????
>
> It will just continue to exist as it has for decades. This will continue to be
> so as long as there are people willing to work on it and use it.
>

> > I would appreciate some information about this as I have come to depend on
> > GC….
>

> That's great to hear. Rest assured nothing has changed.
>
> David just used the wrong domain name in his search string. It should have
> been "site:lists.gnucash.org".
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert

Re: gnucash-user Archives unsearchable

aegross
Eric Theise wrote
In case this has not been reported before, clicking the link on the
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user page that lets you
"search the gnucash-user Archives" results in a 404.
Eric, I use nabble (http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/) which has a search feature.

Regards,
AEG