gnucash doesn't run

Terry D. Boldt
I failed to mention that I am running Fedora Core 3 and gnucash 1.8.9.

As I wrote, I un-installed and then re-installed - same result.

I also executed the following:

yum update gnucash

that updated my gnucash installation to 1.8.11

Again, I executed gnucash from the command line with the same error output:

gnucash
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file: "libgw-gnc", message: "/usr/lib/gnucash/libgw-kvp.so.0: undefined
symbol: scm_thread_count"

My financial resources are frozen until I get gnucash running again.

Any help??

Thanks,
Terry
If you are always rushing towards the future,
Then you never have any past.

Terry Boldt
As you contemplate the Now,
The Now becomes the past.

There is no future,
There is no past,
There is only Now.
    Unknown

"A human being is part of the whole called by us the
Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and
feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind
of optical delusion of consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting
us to our personal desires and to affection for a few
persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves
from this prison by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures, and the whole of
nature in its beauty."

Albert Einstein.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of
thinking we used when we created them."
--Albert Einstein

We have the best government money can buy, and it has.

Terry Boldt.

You must decide:

Are you a body with a soul or a soul with a body?

Terry Boldt

When you change the way you look at things,
the things you look at change.

Paraphrasing Ben Franklin:

Those who sacrifice freedom for safety, have neither.

The exact quote:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
  Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790),
  US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer
  Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

A thought often repeated becomes an act, an act often
repeated becomes a habit, a habit often repeated,
a character and a settled character molds the very
destiny of man.

Man is the master of his own destiny.

"The Voice of Babaji", Page 236
What man thinks, that he becomes

Upanishad
Common sense is so very extraordinary
for being for so very uncommon.

Terry Boldt
To say what is real,
Must be exactly what we feel,
To speak of the truth,
And be open this way,
Is to say what you mean,
And mean what you say.

Pearl Boldt
"If you don't know, you cannot teach, except by faith.
And faith implies doubt. Doubt and the resulting
repression of doubt breed fanaticism and intolerance.
Worse, they breed ignorance pretending to infallibility,
which breeds charlatans and blind followers."

"Muddy Tracks", Frank DeMarco, page xxv
"for without time,no thought of anything is possible;
without space, no conception of anything is possible and
without causation no consideration of anything is possible. And
again, time space and causation generally appear inter-related
in our consciousness not dependent of one another.
So the mind lives, moves and has its existence in these
three notions, which are necessarily finite, owing to
their perceptional value and without which we cannot think,
conceive or imagine anything. Deprived of these three,
the constitution of the mind breaks down."

"The Voice of Babaji", Page 442-443
"The definition of and the mystery and meaning of faith,
will open like a flower, only while sitting in silence.
Faith in something greater than oneself is tantamount to
a veil being withdrawn from the depths and distances
glimmering within, and a feeling of eternal hunger for
peace and fullness, for all that the distracted world
of today denies. It is not possible to discover the Real
and abide in it, except by our own experience."

"The Voice of Babaji", Page 444

Re: gnucash doesn't run

Derek Atkins
What else have you updated/changed on your FC3 box?  The RPMs
that come with FC3 should just work.

-derek

"Terry D. Boldt" <[hidden email]> writes:

> [...]
> again, time space and causation generally appear inter-related
> in our consciousness not dependent of one another.
> So the mind lives, moves and has its existence in these
> three notions, which are necessarily finite, owing to
> their perceptional value and without which we cannot think,
> conceive or imagine anything. Deprived of these three,
> the constitution of the mind breaks down."
>
> "The Voice of Babaji", Page 442-443
> "The definition of and the mystery and meaning of faith,
> will open like a flower, only while sitting in silence.
> Faith in something greater than oneself is tantamount to
> a veil being withdrawn from the depths and distances
> glimmering within, and a feeling of eternal hunger for
> peace and fullness, for all that the distracted world
> of today denies. It is not possible to discover the Real
> and abide in it, except by our own experience."

no configure

G.Paulo

All:
        I have experienced some trouble compiling GNUCASH. I got gnucash-1.8.9 and run a Debian Sarge recently installed. When I perform ./configure (after solving a lot of problems) I did not get the job done. Anyone can help me? This is what happens:

 I've got the messages after ./configure:
***************
checking for main in -lgal... yes
checking for gtkhtml < 1.1... Unknown library `gtkhtml'
Unknown library `gtkhtml'
checking for gtkhtml >= 1.1... checking for gtk_html_new in -lgtkhtml-1.1... no
configure: error: Cannot find gtkhtml-1.1. See the README and config.log for more info.
***************

        Also gnome-config says this:

***************
apia:/usr/local/src/g-wrap-1.3.4# gnome-config --libs gtkhtml
Unknown library `gtkhtml'
***************

        The config.log says:

***************
configure:13810: checking for gtkhtml < 1.1
configure:13875: checking for pkg-config
configure:13963: checking for gtkhtml >= 1.1
configure:13965: checking for gtk_html_new in -lgtkhtml-1.1
configure:13984: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused    conftest.c -lgtkhtml-1.1 -rdynamic -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtkhtml-1.1 -lgal -lgnomeprint -lfreetype -lglade-gnome -lglade -lxml -lz -lgnomeui -lart_lgpl -lgdk_imlib -lSM -lICE -lgnome -lgnomesupport -lesd -laudiofile -ldb-3 -lgdk_pixbuf -lgnomecanvaspixbuf -lgconf-gtk-1 -lgconf-1 -loaf -lORBitCosNaming -lORBit -lIIOP -lORBitutil -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm   -lpopt -lm  -lm 1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgconf-gtk-1
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 13973 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char gtk_html_new();

int main() {
gtk_html_new()
; return 0; }
apia:/usr/local/src/gnucash-1.8.9#

Re: no configure

Neil Williams-2

See: http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/gnucashlibs.html

> When I perform ./configure (after
> solving a lot of problems) I did not get the job done. Anyone can help me?
> This is what happens:

> checking for gtkhtml < 1.1... Unknown library `gtkhtml'
> Unknown library `gtkhtml'
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for gtkhtml >= 1.1... checking for gtk_html_new in
> -lgtkhtml-1.1... no configure: error: Cannot find gtkhtml-1.1. See the

So install the gtkhtml dev library.

libgtkhtml-dev

--

Neil Williams

Re: no configure

G.Paulo
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:40:36 +0100
Neil Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So install the gtkhtml dev library.
>
> libgtkhtml-dev

It was already installed...
[ ]'s
G.Paulo

Re: no configure

David Hampton-2
On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 12:33 -0300, G.Paulo wrote:

> All:
> I have experienced some trouble compiling GNUCASH. I got gnucash-1.8.9 and run a Debian Sarge recently installed. When I perform ./configure (after solving a lot of problems) I did not get the job done. Anyone can help me? This is what happens:
>

>  I've got the messages after ./configure:
> ***************
> checking for main in -lgal... yes
> checking for gtkhtml < 1.1... Unknown library `gtkhtml'
> Unknown library `gtkhtml'
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for gtkhtml >= 1.1... checking for gtk_html_new in -lgtkhtml-1.1... no
> configure: error: Cannot find gtkhtml-1.1. See the README and config.log for more info.

Re: no configure

G.Paulo
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:52:35 -0400
David Hampton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you have the gtkhtml-devel package installed?

Yes. It is installed. Except for the fact that in Debian it is called gtkhtml-dev.

[ ]'s. G.Paulo