gnucash crash on invoice printing

Rich Duzenbury-5
Hi all,

I'm a new user of gnucash.  It's my second time to print invoices, the
first went just fine.  This time, whenever I attempt to print the (there
is just one) invoice, gnucash crashes.

I've got 1.18.10 running on ubuntu breezy.

I ran strace on it, and it's posted at
http://theduz.com/gnucash/strace.txt

There is one software difference that I am aware of.  I installed
automatix, which includes firefox 1.5.  Previously, it was firefox
1.0.7.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rich

Re: gnucash crash on invoice printing

Derek Atkins
The key point is the last 20 lines of your posting.  This is bug #168250.
You saved the report without changing the report name.  You need to delete
your saved reports and then gnucash will start.  In the future when you want
to save a custom report you should change the name first.

-derek

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 16:30 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> The key point is the last 20 lines of your posting.  This is bug #168250.
> You saved the report without changing the report name.  You need to delete
> your saved reports and then gnucash will start.  In the future when you want
> to save a custom report you should change the name first.
>
> -derek

OK.  Perhaps I don't understand the concept correctly.  I would like to
always print invoices with different columns selected than the defaults
provided.

I (probably mistakenly) believed that saving the customized version of
the report would be a *good thing*.  I see that it is not.

What is the proper method for doing so?

Thanks!

Regards,
Rich

> Quoting Rich Duzenbury <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm a new user of gnucash.  It's my second time to print invoices, the
> > first went just fine.  This time, whenever I attempt to print the (there
> > is just one) invoice, gnucash crashes.
> >
> > I've got 1.18.10 running on ubuntu breezy.
> >
> > I ran strace on it, and it's posted at
> > http://theduz.com/gnucash/strace.txt
> >
> > There is one software difference that I am aware of.  I installed
> > automatix, which includes firefox 1.5.  Previously, it was firefox
> > 1.0.7.
> >
> > Help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Rich

Re: gnucash crash on invoice printing

Derek Atkins
There's no way to change what the "print" button does on the invoice window.
Hoever, you can just leave the report open, or you can change the name
and then save it as a custom report..   And when you want to print a
new invoice you run the custom report (or just go to the already open
report) and then select the invoice to print in the report options.