gnucash 2.2.0 Debian -- not at gnucash.org

Tommy Trussell
I've been watching with interest to see when the latest version will
get packaged and released in Debian, and I was surprised to see that
when you do a Google search for "Gnucash 2.2.0 Debian" it points you
(via several external sites) directly to
http://gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/debian/

UNFORTUNATELY that directory pretty obviously contains version 1.6.4!

Re: gnucash 2.2.0 Debian -- not at gnucash.org

Tom Purl 2
On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 10:23:41AM -0500, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> I've been watching with interest to see when the latest version will
> get packaged and released in Debian, and I was surprised to see that
> when you do a Google search for "Gnucash 2.2.0 Debian" it points you
> (via several external sites) directly to
> http://gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/debian/
>
> UNFORTUNATELY that directory pretty obviously contains version 1.6.4!

There doesn't seem to be Debian builds for GnuCash 2.2 yet.  You'll have
to compile it from source if you don't want to wait for a binary
version.

I've been building the 2.1.x line of GnuCash builds on my Ubuntu 6.10
machine for the last couple of months now pretty easily.  Here's the
steps (more or less)

    (assuming that you're using a version of Debian that uses GnuCash 2.0)
    $ sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash
    $ sudo apt-get install xsltproc checkinstall
    $ wget http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/gnucash-2.2.0.tar.bz2
    $ tar xvfj gnucash-2.2.0.tar.bz2
    $ cd gnucash-2.2.0
    $ ./configure --help # to see which flags you need
    $ ./configure 2>&1 | tee config.custom
    $ nice -n 19 make 2>&1 | tee make.custom
    $ sudo make install 2>&1 | tee make-install.custom

There's a more complex  method for doing this on the wiki also:

    * http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Debian

HTH!

Tom Purl

Re: gnucash 2.2.0 Debian -- not at gnucash.org

Tom Purl 2
I'm sorry, I meant to have the last line of my example below to look
like this:

    $ sudo checkinstall # choose all of the defaults when they appear

This builds a .deb file, that you can then install using the following
command:

    $ sudo dpkg -i gnucash-blah-blah.deb

The process I have listed below, howver, also works, and is a little
less complex.