finance::quote?

Zep-3

        I can't seem to make finance::quote work... I've installed
at least 2 different versions.  using regular cpan install shell,
download/make locally and the update script included with gnucash.
At first, perldoc wouldn't give back anything, but now it does..
the dump-finance-quote script seems to run fine, but gnucash thrusts
it's fists against the posts and still insists... that it isn't there
or working.  can you give me some means of forcing it to know that it's
OK?
--
                                             - Zep
                                      ([hidden email])

my hovercraft is full of eels.

Re: finance::quote?

David Hampton-2
On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 20:00 -0400, Zep wrote:
> I can't seem to make finance::quote work... I've installed
> at least 2 different versions.  using regular cpan install shell,
> download/make locally and the update script included with gnucash.
> At first, perldoc wouldn't give back anything, but now it does..
> the dump-finance-quote script seems to run fine, but gnucash thrusts
> it's fists against the posts and still insists... that it isn't there
> or working.  can you give me some means of forcing it to know that it's
> OK?

The only way to do that is to hack the finance-quote-check script.  The
update-finance-quote installs everything that finance-quote-check looks
for.  Since you've run that, I don't know what to tell you to do.