credit note

parminder Singh Chauhan-2
What is the best way to create a credit note in GnuCash.

My problem is some times we needs to return money to our customer which we
have charged in an invoice for some reasons. We issue them a credit note at
the end of a month if there is any difference.

--
Parminder Singh Chauhan

Re: credit note

Derek Atkins
Quoting parminder Singh Chauhan <[hidden email]>:

> What is the best way to create a credit note in GnuCash.
>
> My problem is some times we needs to return money to our customer which we
> have charged in an invoice for some reasons. We issue them a credit note at
> the end of a month if there is any difference.

GnuCash does not support credit notes per-se.  You can implement a
credit note by:

1) Process Payment
2) Edit their last invoice and add a Credit line item
3) Wait for the next invoice and issue the credit line-item there.