configure complains about library problems with long double

configure complains about library problems with long double

David Reiser
My latest configure run (and maybe all of them before that!) sent me
a warning:

checking for working long double with more range or precision than
double... yes
checking for strtold... yes
checking if we must prototype strtold ourselves... yes
configure: WARNING: Long double support disabled because of library
problems

Do I need to worry about long double support anywhere besides graphs?
Should I be trying to resolve my 'library problems'?

Mac 10.4.3, gcc 3.3

Thanks.
--
David Reiser

Re: configure complains about library problems with long double

Derek Atkins
Quoting David Reiser <[hidden email]>:

> My latest configure run (and maybe all of them before that!) sent me
> a warning:
>
> checking for working long double with more range or precision than
> double... yes
> checking for strtold... yes
> checking if we must prototype strtold ourselves... yes
> configure: WARNING: Long double support disabled because of library  problems
>
> Do I need to worry about long double support anywhere besides graphs?
>  Should I be trying to resolve my 'library problems'?
>
> Mac 10.4.3, gcc 3.3

Nah, you should be fine with this.  I honestly don't even know
why we're checking for long double support, as all our internal
math is integer math.