bugeting (income-mandatory expenses)

Patrick Mecheski
Hello,

When using gnucash's budget feature, is there a way to figure out how
much cash you have left to spend? I would like to enter my income and
mandatory expense budget and then see how much is left for discretionary
expenses. Is this possible, do I just need to do the math manually, or
is there a better approach?

Thanks for any tips,

pat