android gnucash

Ensorf Frans
i have been looking on how to add a stock to gnucash android for 3 weeks
now there is simply not expanation to me days to find even this email i get
to create account stock that is it every single bit of help explanes no
more assumes you have a computer i have a phone that is it there is a 18
page pdf help file on gnucash but thats it so this app is not usefull to me
its like once every one came to internet there is simply no way to find
help you can find 200 pages that give the most simple help to people that
are not going to use the app like gnucash is best android app that is all
the help out there wanting you to click on a add and thats it ever tried to
read gnucash on a phone impossible and only provides help for the full app

Re: android gnucash

David Carlson-4
On 1/13/2016 10:45 AM, Ensorf Frans wrote:

> i have been looking on how to add a stock to gnucash android for 3 weeks
> now there is simply not expanation to me days to find even this email i get
> to create account stock that is it every single bit of help explanes no
> more assumes you have a computer i have a phone that is it there is a 18
> page pdf help file on gnucash but thats it so this app is not usefull to me
> its like once every one came to internet there is simply no way to find
> help you can find 200 pages that give the most simple help to people that
> are not going to use the app like gnucash is best android app that is all
> the help out there wanting you to click on a add and thats it ever tried to
> read gnucash on a phone impossible and only provides help for the full app

I am not sure what your native language is but it did not get translated
very well into English.

I think that the Android ap does not handle stocks very well, if at all,
but I could be wrong.  I do not use it myself.

I suggest using the regular program on a pc or Mac.

David C

Re: android gnucash

randix
This post was updated on .
I can't fathom in my wildest imagination why you would ever want to make ANY stock transaction in the Android App which involves Gnucash.  The Android App is only meant for you to record transactions while you're out and about, and then EXPORT them to the desktop version.

If you're trying to do anything more than that, you're under the mistaken impression that the Android App IS Gnucash, which it's NOT.  All of us wish it were, I often see it in my dreams, but it's not, so get over it, and be impatient with the rest of us :)

Entering stock transactions in the Android App (if it's even possible), and then exporting that achievement to the Gnucash desktop version, will give you one gold star, 10 headaches, and a lot of wasted time.  There is no true mobile version of Gnucash and the developers have made it clear here, it ain't goin' happen any time soon (unless Batman is working on a version in his hidden cave).

In short, use the desktop version of Gnucash, THAT'S what the instructions are for.  The current so-called Gnucash App has limited utility and is NOT a full functioning Gnucash program.