accounts/C/acctlist_* removable?

Josh Sled
The gnucash/accounts/C/acctlist_* files are incomplete fragments, exist
only in the default locale, are not translated, and not installed except
in dist, and are apparently not needed for the account hierarchy to
work.

Does anyone have a good reason for them to hang around?

...jsled
--
http://asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`

Re: accounts/C/acctlist_* removable?

Christian Stimming
Am Samstag, 12. November 2005 17:41 schrieb Josh Sled:
> The gnucash/accounts/C/acctlist_* files are incomplete fragments, exist
> only in the default locale, are not translated, and not installed except
> in dist, and are apparently not needed for the account hierarchy to
> work.
>
> Does anyone have a good reason for them to hang around?

I don't know any reason. IMHO they can be removed.

Christian

Re: accounts/C/acctlist_* removable?

Neil Williams-2
On Saturday 12 November 2005 4:41 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
> The gnucash/accounts/C/acctlist_* files are incomplete fragments, exist
> only in the default locale, are not translated, and not installed except
> in dist, and are apparently not needed for the account hierarchy to
> work.

Interesting - I always assumed they were for the account hierarchy druid -when
the user selects the checkbox and a sample tree appears in the lower widget.

So what's the difference between accounts/C/acctchrt_* and acctlist_* ?
(and why is only one version being translated?)

From my reading of io-example-account.c, it reads in all files in the example
account directory that start with <gnc-account-example> - in the C folder,
that is both the acctchrt and acctlist files.

--

Neil Williams

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 12:34 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> So what's the difference between accounts/C/acctchrt_* and acctlist_* ?
> (and why is only one version being translated?)

The acctlist files seem to contain just the relevent leaf- and
intermediate-level accounts, and are inconsistent ... not all of the
guid references resolve, &c.  The acctchrt files seem to be a more
complete hierarchy.

> From my reading of io-example-account.c, it reads in all files in the example
> account directory that start with <gnc-account-example> - in the C folder,
> that is both the acctchrt and acctlist files.

Heh ... I went through the exact same reasoning yesterday, until it was
mentioned...

<andi5> one more thing: debian does not contain these files (.*list.*)
in their packages, they are used within the make target "distdir", is
this used to package a gnucash tarball, i do not know ;-) so at least
they are _not_ crucial :)

They're in the EXTRA_DIST section, and as such not installed, but still
copied for some reason.  They're obviously not needed.  I'll remove
them.

...jsled
--
http://asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`