Wrong password entered, you're punished!

Wrong password entered, you're punished!

randix
I'm using the latest version of GnuCash with Windows 10, and this particular "issue" has existed in previous versions of both GnuCash and Windows, it's just that it just happened to me again (frustrating), which prompted me to post (vent?)...

I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred card setup to download transactions, and it works GREAT.  Very happy.  I also, as I do my other accounts, have it set up so I have to enter the account password.

Only with the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, no other account, if I make a rare error and enter the wrong password, not only will transactions, current balance NOT be downloaded, but it will never give me an opportunity again to enter the corrected password (even if I restart the program over and over).  I realize this is probably overkill, but the only way I can get it to reset, is to delete all of the .* files (.gconf, .gconfd, etc) and reinstall my backup versions of them...

I've become somewhat paranoid about carefully entering the password on this one account, which I guess is one way to get my attention...