Why upgrade?

Richard Dawson
If I am usingGnuCash 1.8.11, and it is working, why should I upgrade?  Where
can I find a summary of the differences (to the user) between 1.8.11 and 2.X?

Can I install 2.X without interfering with the 1.8.11 installation and data?

Thank you.

Re: Why upgrade?

Derek Atkins

Um, try www.gnucash.org?  The most significant difference is Gtk 2.

> Can I install 2.X without interfering with the 1.8.11 installation and data?

Depends..   You can put gnucash2 into /opt/gnucash2 and it shouldn't
interfere with a 1.8 install in /usr.  When you first run gnucash2
it will try to import your gnucash-1.8 data file, and so long as you're
in an English-speaking country you should be able to go back and forth
between 1.8 and 2.0 with your datafile..   Provided you don't use
any new-in-2.0 features.