Whats new in 2.0?

Bengt Thuree
Hi

Trying to compose a draft for "Whats new in 2.0" in the first chapter of
the guide.

Would appreciate thoughts (and text) on what to list.

/Bengt

What's New in v2.0

Gnome 2.0 (Gtk2)
GnuCash is now using the latest toolkist from gtk, and follows the normal
Gnome2 HIG standards.

UTF-8 support
GnuCash now stores and reads each countries special character sets by
using UTF-8.

Budget
GnuCash now comes with a budget feature that can help you keep your
expenses under control.

Bug fixes
GnuCash is now more stable and secure than never before due to the long
testing phase before we reached 2.0, as well as using more stable and
mature libraries (gtk2 for instance).

--
Bengt Thuree   [hidden email]    www.thuree.com/bt

Re: Whats new in 2.0?

Christian Stimming
Am Donnerstag, 13. April 2006 08:38 schrieb Bengt Thuree:
> Trying to compose a draft for "Whats new in 2.0" in the first chapter of
> the guide.

Great! This was needed absolutely.

> Would appreciate thoughts (and text) on what to list.

As for my latest contributions on the importing modules:

Import of MT940 files
Data files with transactions in MT940 format (as can be downloaded from some
banks) can now be imported into gnucash.

(The OFX importing and HBCI importing does not have any user-visible changes
from 1.8.12 to 2.0.0)

Christian

Re: Whats new in 2.0?

Adrian Simmons-2
A couple of typo fixes...

Bengt Thuree wrote:
> GnuCash is now using the latest toolkist from gtk, and follows the normal
+ GnuCash is now using the latest toolkits from gtk, and follows the normal

> GnuCash is now more stable and secure than never before due to the long
+ GnuCash is now more stable and secure than ever before due to the long

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Whats new in 2.0?

Tim Wunder (Lists)
One more typo...

- GnuCash now stores and reads each countries special character sets by using
UTF-8.
+ GnuCash now stores and reads each country's special character sets by using
UTF-8.

Are lots and/or book closing making into 2.0.0?

HTH,
Tim