-Werror and signedness warnings

Neil Williams-2
Has configure.in been changed while I've been away to produce more warnings
and to upgrade those as errors during make?

sixtp-to-dom-parser.c: In function 'dom_start_handler':
sixtp-to-dom-parser.c:48: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of
'xmlNewNode' differ in signedness
sixtp-to-dom-parser.c:57: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
'xmlNewChild' differ in signedness
sixtp-to-dom-parser.c:66: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of
'xmlSetProp' differ in signedness
sixtp-to-dom-parser.c:66: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
'xmlSetProp' differ in signedness
sixtp-to-dom-parser.c: In function 'dom_chars_handler':

I've had to add --disable-error-on-warning to get G2 to build at all as there
is a warning of an uninitialised variable in gw-engine-spec.scm that gets
promoted to an error that halts the build.

I'm testing with a fresh checkout of G2.

--

Neil Williams

Re: -Werror and signedness warnings

Christian Stimming
Hi Neil,

Neil Williams schrieb:
> Has configure.in been changed while I've been away to produce more warnings
> and to upgrade those as errors during make?
>
> sixtp-to-dom-parser.c: In function 'dom_start_handler':
> sixtp-to-dom-parser.c:48: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of
> 'xmlNewNode' differ in signedness

no, configure.in has not changed, but your compiler has :-) Seriously,
gcc4 now warns about these things whereas gcc3.x didn't say a word about
it. You can get rid of this particular warning by adding
-Wno-pointer-sign to the environment variable CFLAGS before you start
configure.

This particular warnings tends to show up a *lot* in old C code. I'm
actually not quite sure whether the warning is really that important.

Christian