Website, Translation & updates..

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Website, Translation & updates..

Tor Harald Thorland
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

I read the mails about the website, and updates from svn... is this
still not in place or?
The reason why i ask is this page: http://www.gnucash.org/trans/
It is last updated September 2003!

I guess a lot has changed since then....


Also, please have a look at the attached mail!!
Why is this one showing up from that place?
Why is it reported as 2% completed / 3404 untranslated???
Isn't svn the only place it should be translated?

Thnks
Tor Harald
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFETGlXhq1MDwOKNrYRAnb9AJ9SHtqycdFR0wt0fLLgS7UxRcpbSACfZA3s
2muZsQydxMLUyXigcPXWn30=
=F7wv
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


Hello, members of the Norwegian Bokmaal team at `i18n-
[hidden email]'. This is a message from the Translation Project
robot. I'm happy to announce that a new file, available as:

>    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/teams/PO/nb/gnucash-1.9.5.nb.po


has been integrated in the central PO archives, and is now kept with
all other accepted Norwegian Bokmaal translations.  The file should
soon be made available in mirror sites as:

>    ftp://ftp.unex.es/pub/gnu-i18n/po/teams/PO/nb/gnucash-1.9.5.nb.po
>    http://translation.sf.net/teams/PO/nb/gnucash-1.9.5.nb.po


In this file, 274 messages have been translated already, accounting
for 2% of the original text size (in raw bytes).  Still, 3404 messages
need to be attended to.  Nobody in your team is currently assigned to
the domain 'gnucash'. The team leader (if any) should inform the
translation coordinator of who will become responsible for it.

Please translate the remaining messages for the benefit of users of
the Norwegian Bokmaal language.  Once the translation completed, send
the result to the address given below, using the Subject line:

>    TP-Robot gnucash-1.9.5.nb.po


in your message header.  You may contact either your team leader or
me, if any question arises.  In the meantime, this PO file has been
submitted to the maintainer of programs using the textual domain
`gnucash'.

Thanks!
The following HTML pages should also be updated by tomorrow.

>    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/HTML/domain-gnucash.html
>    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/HTML/team-nb.html

                                The Translation Project robot, in the
                                name of your translation coordinator.
                                mailto:[hidden email]

P.S. - You may find a copy (maybe not official) of the distribution as:

>    http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/unstable/1.9.x/gnucash-1.9.5.tar.gz

_______________________________________________
i18n-nb mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lister.ping.uio.no/mailman/lister.ping.uio.no/listinfo/i18n-nb

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website, Translation & updates..

Christian Stimming
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Dear Tor,

Tor Harald Thorland schrieb:
> I read the mails about the website, and updates from svn... is this
> still not in place or?
> The reason why i ask is this page: http://www.gnucash.org/trans/
> It is last updated September 2003!

I don't have access to the gnucash.org page, so I cannot update the
text(s) there, and the page itself still hasn't been updated for a long
time. I *do* have access to the wiki (as does anyone else), so
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation is the currently accurate
information.

> Also, please have a look at the attached mail!!
> Why is this one showing up from that place?
> Why is it reported as 2% completed / 3404 untranslated???
> Isn't svn the only place it should be translated?

That's the "Translation Project" (TP) website. This is an additional
tool for translation teams to keep track of their translations and
submit them. If you submit a translation to gnucash, you can either (a)
send it here to gnucash-devel, or (b) submit it to the TP. In both
cases, the gnucash translation manager (currently me) will receive the
translation and commit it to SVN. SVN is the definite state of
translation that will be delivered in the releases.

If you choose (a), then you can outright ignore any message from the TP,
or you can even notify that the "nb" translation of "gnucash" is being
handled "external" and not via the TP. If you have a look at
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=gnucash you
will notice that e. g. my German translation "de" is listed as external,
and by this I won't get any such message from the TP anymore.

Some people choose (b), because the TP gives some additional convenience
for retrieving and submitting translations. Advantages include: you
don't have to deal with the gnucash source package unless you want to;
the po file is automatically format-checked; the po file doesn't need to
be sent to a mailing list.

Again, I will receive translation either way and commit them to SVN
anyway. Choose which one you like more.

Christian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.1 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iQCVAwUBREyFeWXAi+BfhivFAQJYjQQAjcADRhobzddphDpAdoQ8ow/NrKQARxP0
ztkx6x7FJG3oHITwJU2kwG9PoNp6WdIfpFyxDa8TL52Gz6Rw84K5B7xK7ZUOJiAD
JNjR1pdL9Brsuk6qblRTGXSR6fEJimXuHpMrDfhSUbNhyQoWlll++vL6zF2xq22R
PqigKDF0vKo=
=2ART
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website, Translation & updates..

Tor Harald Thorland
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hello,

Thanks for the answer... but why doesn't the translation project have
"my" updated norwegian file?
I don't have 2% but maby 60% translated.... That was why i asked.

And for the web page, I saw a mail from Linas where they were
discussing automatic updates of web page from svn... that was why i
asked if this had been fixed.

Thanks again
Tor Harald

Christian Stimming skrev:

> Dear Tor,
>
> Tor Harald Thorland schrieb:
>>> I read the mails about the website, and updates from svn... is
>>> this still not in place or? The reason why i ask is this page:
>>> http://www.gnucash.org/trans/ It is last updated September
>>> 2003!
>
> I don't have access to the gnucash.org page, so I cannot update the
>  text(s) there, and the page itself still hasn't been updated for a
> long time. I *do* have access to the wiki (as does anyone else), so
>  http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation is the currently accurate
>  information.
>
>>> Also, please have a look at the attached mail!! Why is this one
>>> showing up from that place? Why is it reported as 2% completed
>>> / 3404 untranslated??? Isn't svn the only place it should be
>>> translated?
>
> That's the "Translation Project" (TP) website. This is an
> additional tool for translation teams to keep track of their
> translations and submit them. If you submit a translation to
> gnucash, you can either (a) send it here to gnucash-devel, or (b)
> submit it to the TP. In both cases, the gnucash translation manager
> (currently me) will receive the translation and commit it to SVN.
> SVN is the definite state of translation that will be delivered in
> the releases.
>
> If you choose (a), then you can outright ignore any message from
> the TP, or you can even notify that the "nb" translation of
> "gnucash" is being handled "external" and not via the TP. If you
> have a look at
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=gnucash
> you will notice that e. g. my German translation "de" is listed as
> external, and by this I won't get any such message from the TP
> anymore.
>
> Some people choose (b), because the TP gives some additional
> convenience for retrieving and submitting translations. Advantages
> include: you don't have to deal with the gnucash source package
> unless you want to; the po file is automatically format-checked;
> the po file doesn't need to be sent to a mailing list.
>
> Again, I will receive translation either way and commit them to SVN
>  anyway. Choose which one you like more.
>
> Christian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFETI4Jhq1MDwOKNrYRAjtGAJwIQQfdr0a+ryQg6DtUiHJV4erBqwCfYQca
ZCYSNSiZmvU9Y+0XR4yPgfA=
=X+H4
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website, Translation & updates..

Christian Stimming
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

Tor Harald Thorland schrieb:
> Thanks for the answer... but why doesn't the translation project have
> "my" updated norwegian file?
> I don't have 2% but maby 60% translated.... That was why i asked.

The TP lists only those translations that have been directly submitted
to the TP, and copied from there to here. The other translations that
are submitted directly here (and are included in the release tarballs)
are not copied from here to there. Again, the TP is only a tool for
submission; it doesn't necessarily reflect the actual status. If you
want these numbers to disappear, notify the TP maintainer to mark your
"nb" translation of "gnucash" as "external".

> And for the web page, I saw a mail from Linas where they were
> discussing automatic updates of web page from svn... that was why i
> asked if this had been fixed.

Has not been fixed.

Christian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.1 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iQCVAwUBREyQWmXAi+BfhivFAQKKRQQAsBBObMOMLYKPLtEej2QnIcbuOpmYAhNW
eTvcp6ps8u8mSJQiL+DZ3L4sHIXtde5+6DXPSwA8dcpz7x++U3RzeAY2jAmDDIhc
J7XCSMN1QzVhjTPGrYv2mvRbOicIf8r6Lar49nxZ9tfzmOPBT/J32Z5HIWqQMay1
TWXWZMMp+bk=
=aAfy
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website, Translation & updates..

Josh Sled
In reply to this post by Tor Harald Thorland
On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 10:36 +0200, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> And for the web page, I saw a mail from Linas where they were
> discussing automatic updates of web page from svn... that was why i
> asked if this had been fixed.

Unfortunately, that thread dropped again. :(

I've re-contacted Linas off-list as per his request to have some
obscurity around the actual mechanism used.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website, Translation & updates..

Tor Harald Thorland
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Josh Sled skrev:
> On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 10:36 +0200, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
>> And for the web page, I saw a mail from Linas where they were
>> discussing automatic updates of web page from svn... that was why
>> i asked if this had been fixed.
>
> Unfortunately, that thread dropped again. :(
>
> I've re-contacted Linas off-list as per his request to have some
> obscurity around the actual mechanism used
:-) Too bad, would have been nice to have it updated from svn, looks
like it's too hard to have it like it is.

Thanks

Tor Harald
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFETNuHhq1MDwOKNrYRAgY4AJ4hifl8rE+nzmRLRd5BemptrVvB9ACggnVh
vN5DlUlVTeG69Lg/IjoVFUg=
=76Ve
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel