Update problem: "Procedure not found"

Richard Gardner
I installed Windows .17 Vers. over .6, unfortunately in the same folder.
On trying to launch, I got the Warning:

     * 09:42:34  WARN <gnc.module> Failed to dlopen() 'C:\Program Files
(x86)\gnucash\bin\libgncmod-qif-0.dll': 'C:\Program Files
(x86)\gnucash\bin\libgncmod-qif-0.dll': The specified            procedure
could not be found.

How ​can I best recover​?   Thanks.

Re: Update problem: "Procedure not found"

John Ralls-2

> On Jul 23, 2017, at 9:01 AM, Dick Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I installed Windows .17 Vers. over .6, unfortunately in the same folder.
> On trying to launch, I got the Warning:
>
>     * 09:42:34  WARN <gnc.module> Failed to dlopen() 'C:\Program Files
> (x86)\gnucash\bin\libgncmod-qif-0.dll': 'C:\Program Files
> (x86)\gnucash\bin\libgncmod-qif-0.dll': The specified            procedure
> could not be found.
>
> How ​can I best recover​?   Thanks.

Installing a new version over an older one is normal and the installer should take care of it. Windows doesn't like having multiple GnuCash installations and can easily be confused by multiple paths. Since something did go wrong:

Uninstall GnuCash with Control Panel>Programs and Features, use Windows Explorer to ensure that c:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash is deleted and that there aren't any other gnucash installations. Use Control Panel>System>Advanced System Settings, Advanced Tab, Environment Variables button to make sure that the %PATH% doesn't contain any reference to GnuCash; delete any that you find.

Once your system is cleaned re-run the gnucash setup program.

Re: Update problem: "Procedure not found"

Richard Gardner
Perfect!

Thank you John.

Best,
Dick Gardner

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 2:41 PM, John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Jul 23, 2017, at 9:01 AM, Dick Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I installed Windows .17 Vers. over .6, unfortunately in the same folder.
> > On trying to launch, I got the Warning:
> >
> >     * 09:42:34  WARN <gnc.module> Failed to dlopen() 'C:\Program Files
> > (x86)\gnucash\bin\libgncmod-qif-0.dll': 'C:\Program Files
> > (x86)\gnucash\bin\libgncmod-qif-0.dll': The specified
> procedure
> > could not be found.
> >
> > How ​can I best recover​?   Thanks.
> >

> Installing a new version over an older one is normal and the installer
> should take care of it. Windows doesn't like having multiple GnuCash
> installations and can easily be confused by multiple paths. Since something
> did go wrong:
>
> Uninstall GnuCash with Control Panel>Programs and Features, use Windows
> Explorer to ensure that c:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash is deleted and that
> there aren't any other gnucash installations. Use Control
> Panel>System>Advanced System Settings, Advanced Tab, Environment Variables
> button to make sure that the %PATH% doesn't contain any reference to
> GnuCash; delete any that you find.
>
> Once your system is cleaned re-run the gnucash setup program.

Dick Gardner

(H) 603-286-4763
(C) 603-731-8569