UnableToPrint-XPPro2.2.5

TommyRaton
File->Ctrl-P is greyed out/unavailable and Print button when available and
used, hangs the application

Have had this application for a few days.

Can't seem to use the correct search criteria in Bugs to find the problem.

thanks

Re: UnableToPrint-XPPro2.2.5

Tommy <[hidden email]> writes:

> File->Ctrl-P is greyed out/unavailable and Print button when available and
> used, hangs the application
>
> Have had this application for a few days.
>
> Can't seem to use the correct search criteria in Bugs to find the problem.

In what context are you trying to print?
What's the current active page?
What's visible on the screen?

> thanks

Re: UnableToPrint-XPPro2.2.5

TommyRaton
Three screen captures.

1st screen is what I would consider normal with the print button ready to
punch.
2nd screen now occurs
3rd screen brief intro to the error.

(Note that until recently I never saw captures 2 and 3.  I have had problems
with an HP front end and uninstalled this as well as others hoping there was
some problem that was preventing the printer selection window from opening.)

Thanks for responding.

tom

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tommy <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > File->Ctrl-P is greyed out/unavailable and Print button when available
> and
> > used, hangs the application
> >
> > Have had this application for a few days.
> >
> > Can't seem to use the correct search criteria in Bugs to find the
> problem.
>
> In what context are you trying to print?
> What's the current active page?
> What's visible on the screen?
>
> > thanks

>       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
>       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
>       [hidden email]                        PGP key available

GnuCash ScreenCapture 2008_0609.pdf (34K) Download Attachment
GnuCash ScreenCapture Print 2008_0609.pdf (200K) Download Attachment
GnuCash ScreenCapture Error Print 2008_0609.pdf (17K) Download Attachment

Re: UnableToPrint-XPPro2.2.5

Derek Atkins
This certainly looks like a problem with your HP printer driver.
I'm only guessing (I'm not a windows dev), but it looks like it's
trying to open hpzntp06.dll and failing.  This isn't a GnuCash DLL,
so it's a problem on your machine specifically.

Can you print from any other application?

Can you try re-installing GnuCash?

-derek

Tommy <[hidden email]> writes:

> Three screen captures.
>
> 1st screen is what I would consider normal with the print button ready to
> punch.
> 2nd screen now occurs
> 3rd screen brief intro to the error.
>
> (Note that until recently I never saw captures 2 and 3.  I have had problems
> with an HP front end and uninstalled this as well as others hoping there was
> some problem that was preventing the printer selection window from opening.)
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> tom
>
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Tommy <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>     > File->Ctrl-P is greyed out/unavailable and Print button when available
>     and
>     > used, hangs the application
>     >
>     > Have had this application for a few days.
>     >
>     > Can't seem to use the correct search criteria in Bugs to find the
>     problem.
>
>     In what context are you trying to print?
>     What's the current active page?
>     What's visible on the screen?
>
>     > thanks
>
>     > Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>     > You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>
>     -derek
>
>     --
>           Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
>           Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
>           [hidden email]                        PGP key available

Re: UnableToPrint-XPPro2.2.5

Please remember to CC the list on all replies using your mailer's
reply-to-list or reply-all feature...

Quoting Tommy <[hidden email]>:

> After deleting all the hp printer software I could find, reinstalling
> gnucash, gnucash fails on printing with hungapp.dll.

I have no idea what "hungapp.dll" is.  I am not a windows user/developer.

> I also agree that the problem is somewhat unique to my XP setup, however, I
> can print without a problem from all other applications so I would also say
> this is a gnucash problem.  Looking at gnucash on Linux I see an application
> whose data entry is very acceptable with the report generation and print
> capabilities to be to be limited and for me buggy.
>
> I'll keep trying gnucash periodically 'cause I'd like to quit Windows
> forever.
>
> Thanks for your help.

-derek