Unable to convert Ms Money to GnuCash

Mr.Gandhavadi, B
Sir
I copied MS Money from floppy disc on to Linux.
> I followed the instructions on GnuCash File menu to import files into
> GnuCash. Then I got this message" This file URL appears to be from new
> version of GnuCash. You must upgrade your version of GnuCash." I down
> loaded GnuCash from internet. Opened it from archives. When I tried to open
> the MS Money, I get the same message. What should I do.
> Please Instruct.
Thanks.
Dr. B.Gandhavadi

Re: Unable to convert Ms Money to GnuCash

1) did you export the data to QIF first?  GnuCash cannot read a
   MSMoney datafile..  It can only read QIF.

2) You need to use the QIF Import mechanism under File -> Import.
   GnuCash cannot "open" a QIF file.

-derek