Tutorial & Concepts

Liza Hawkins
HiI would love to read your tutorial and concepts stuff as I have just started using the accounting system.I don't suppose you have it in a format I could download onto my kindle?  Looking at back list screens for too long gives me a headache but I can read the kindle for a long time with no problems.Thanks

Re: Tutorial & Concepts

Geert Janssens-4
On Monday 16 February 2015 09:45:18 Liza Hawkins wrote:

> HiI would love to read your tutorial and concepts stuff as I have just
> started using the accounting system.I don't suppose you have it in a
> format I could download onto my kindle?  Looking at back list screens
> for too long gives me a headache but I can read the kindle for a long
> time with no problems.Thanks

I suggest you check out http://gnucash.org/docs.phtml

Gnucash provides the tutorial and concepts guide is multiple formats:
html for online reading, pdf as a general purpose format and then epub and mobi format for
consumption by various e-book readers.

I don't have a kindle but I'm pretty confident it will be able to open either the epub format or
the mobi format.

Re: Tutorial & Concepts

Michael DeBusk-2
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Geert Janssens
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I suggest you check out http://gnucash.org/docs.phtml

I didn't know the docs were available in eBook formats! :)

> I don't have a kindle but I'm pretty confident it will be able to open either the epub format or
> the mobi format.

Kindle requires mobi format. Everything else is good with ePub.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments

Re: Tutorial & Concepts

Edward Doolittle
Kindle reader can also handle pdf

Sent from my iPad

> On Feb 16, 2015, at 6:16 PM, Michael DeBusk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Geert Janssens
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I suggest you check out http://gnucash.org/docs.phtml
>
> I didn't know the docs were available in eBook formats! :)
>
>> I don't have a kindle but I'm pretty confident it will be able to open either the epub format or
>> the mobi format.
>
> Kindle requires mobi format. Everything else is good with ePub.
>
> --
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
> /\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments
> Home: http://nlphilia.com     * Blog: http://nlphilia.net
> Registered Linux User #450983 * Ubuntu Counter Project #10548

Re: Tutorial & Concepts

Michael DeBusk-2
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Edward Doolittle
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Kindle reader can also handle pdf

True enough, but few PDFs are formatted for a Kindle screen.

There is at least one application that will crop the blank margins
from a PDF and make things better, though. It has a rather unfortunate
name: http://sourceforge.net/projects/briss/