Trouble making gnucash.pot file

Tor Harald Thorland
Hello,

It's me again, looks like im full of trouble these days.

Any suggestion on why this fails?

tortho@inspiron:~/SVN/gnucash/po$ make gnucash.pot
make: *** No rule to make target `../src/engine/messages.c', needed by
`gnucash.pot'.  Stop.

Thanks
Tor Harald

Re: Trouble making gnucash.pot file

Neil Williams-2
On Tuesday 22 November 2005 9:54 pm, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's me again, looks like im full of trouble these days.
>
> Any suggestion on why this fails?
>
> tortho@inspiron:~/SVN/gnucash/po$ make gnucash.pot

I'd have used ./make-gnucash-potfiles
cd po/
../intl-tool-update --pot

However, the problem was the same:

> make: *** No rule to make target `../src/engine/messages.c', needed by
> `gnucash.pot'.  Stop.

svn update to r12017 - Christian committed the change earlier, removing
src/engine/messages.c from gnucash/trunk/po/POTFILES.in

http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/12017#file3

--

Neil Williams

Quoting Tor Harald Thorland <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> It's me again, looks like im full of trouble these days.
>
> Any suggestion on why this fails?
>
> tortho@inspiron:~/SVN/gnucash/po$ make gnucash.pot
> make: *** No rule to make target `../src/engine/messages.c', needed by
> `gnucash.pot'.  Stop.

This happens because "messages.c" was removed from the source
tree but the POTFILES.in file was not regenerated.  You can run
the "generate-potfiles" (or whatever it's called) script to re-generate
the POTFILES.in file and then re-run the command to generate the pot
file.

Eventually someone will update the POTFILES.in in CVS.

Re: Trouble making gnucash.pot file

David Hampton-2
On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 22:54 +0100, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:

> Any suggestion on why this fails?
>
> tortho@inspiron:~/SVN/gnucash/po$ make gnucash.pot
> make: *** No rule to make target `../src/engine/messages.c', needed by
> `gnucash.pot'.  Stop.

My fault.  Cristian fixed this about 2 hours ago.  If you update you
should be fine.