Trouble installing Finance::Quote on Mac OSX Yosemite

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Trouble installing Finance::Quote on Mac OSX Yosemite

Daniel Dickinson
I installed GnuCash 2.6.17 and it runs fine.  However, I am having trouble with Finance::Quote.  Initially FinanceQuote Update wouldn't run, but I got around that by allowing apps from unidentified developers.  When I launch it, it opens a terminal window and asks for my password.  It tries to install Finance::Quote, but gets stuck at the following:


Running make test

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t

t/00compile.t ............. ok

t/01perl_bugs.t ........... ok

t/02-xsdynamic.t ..........


It never completes the 02-xsdynamic.t test, just sits there.  But the process at the top of the terminal window changes back and forth periodically between "lipo" and "xcrun."  I'd guess it's stuck in some kind of a loop.  I checked the console but didn't see any error messages that appeared to be related to this.


I also tried installing manually using

perl -MCPAN -e shell
 install Finance::Quote

This completed successfully, but GnuCash doesn't seem to know that Finance::Quote is there - when I try to download quotes, it says "There was a system error while retrieving the price quotes."  Again there is nothing in the console that would give any insight about what's going on.


Thanks for any suggestions.


_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Trouble installing Finance::Quote on Mac OSX Yosemite

aegross
You didn't mention whether you installed XCODE...which is required for OS X.

Regards,
AEG

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Trouble installing Finance::Quote on Mac OSX Yosemite

John Ralls

> On Aug 7, 2017, at 12:43 AM, aegross <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You didn't mention whether you installed XCODE...which is required for OS X.
>

Command-line tools should also work and MacOS should offer to install them the first time the script encounters a command that needs them.

Regards,
John Ralls


_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Trouble installing Finance::Quote on Mac OSX Yosemite

John Ralls
In reply to this post by Daniel Dickinson

> On Aug 7, 2017, at 12:07 AM, Daniel Dickinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I installed GnuCash 2.6.17 and it runs fine.  However, I am having trouble with Finance::Quote.  Initially FinanceQuote Update wouldn't run, but I got around that by allowing apps from unidentified developers.  When I launch it, it opens a terminal window and asks for my password.  It tries to install Finance::Quote, but gets stuck at the following:
>
>
> Running make test
>
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
>
> t/00compile.t ............. ok
>
> t/01perl_bugs.t ........... ok
>
> t/02-xsdynamic.t ..........
>
>
> It never completes the 02-xsdynamic.t test, just sits there.  But the process at the top of the terminal window changes back and forth periodically between "lipo" and "xcrun."  I'd guess it's stuck in some kind of a loop.  I checked the console but didn't see any error messages that appeared to be related to this.
>
>
> I also tried installing manually using
>
> perl -MCPAN -e shell
> install Finance::Quote
>
> This completed successfully, but GnuCash doesn't seem to know that Finance::Quote is there - when I try to download quotes, it says "There was a system error while retrieving the price quotes."  Again there is nothing in the console that would give any insight about what's going on.
>
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

You need to also install Date::Manip. There's a short perl script in the bundle, Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update, that will do both for you... it's what the update tool runs.  

Regards,
John Ralls
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Trouble installing Finance::Quote on Mac OSX Yosemite

Daniel Dickinson
Thanks all for your replies.  I do indeed have Xcode and command line tools installed, and I've run plenty of other Perl code without any issues.

I did a little more digging.  Here is the complete output from running sudo perl /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update:


Reading '/Users/danieldickinson/.cpan/Metadata'

  Database was generated on Sun, 06 Aug 2017 20:17:02 GMT

Running install for module 'Date::Manip'

Running make for S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.59.tar.gz

Checksum for /Users/danieldickinson/.cpan/sources/authors/id/S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.59.tar.gz ok

---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during ----

----       SBECK/Date-Manip-6.59.tar.gz       ----

    ExtUtils::MakeMaker [build_requires]

Running make test

  Make had some problems, won't test

  Delayed until after prerequisites

Running make install

  Make had some problems, won't install

  Delayed until after prerequisites

Running install for module 'ExtUtils::MakeMaker'

Running make for B/BI/BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz

Checksum for /Users/danieldickinson/.cpan/sources/authors/id/B/BI/BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz ok


  CPAN.pm: Building B/BI/BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz


Using included version of CPAN::Meta (2.143240) as it is newer than the installed version (2.133380).

Using included version of CPAN::Meta::Requirements (2.131) as it is newer than the installed version (2.122).

Using included version of CPAN::Meta::YAML (0.011) as it is newer than the installed version (0.008).

Using included version of ExtUtils::Install (2.06) as it is newer than the installed version (1.59).

Using included version of ExtUtils::Manifest (1.70) as it is newer than the installed version (1.63).

Using included version of JSON::PP (2.27203) as it is newer than the installed version (2.27202).

Using included version of Parse::CPAN::Meta (1.4414) as it is newer than the installed version (1.4404).

Checking if your kit is complete...

Looks good

Generating a Unix-style Makefile

Writing Makefile for ExtUtils::MakeMaker

Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json

cp lib/ExtUtils/Command/MM.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Command/MM.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_QNX.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_QNX.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_NW5.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_NW5.pm

cp inc/ExtUtils/Packlist.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Packlist.pm

cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Converter.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Converter.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Tutorial.pod blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Tutorial.pod

cp inc/CPAN/Meta/YAML.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/YAML.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_AIX.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_AIX.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Darwin.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Darwin.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version/regex.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version/regex.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Locale.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Locale.pm

cp inc/ExtUtils/Installed.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Installed.pm

cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Merge.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Merge.pm

cp inc/ExtUtils/Manifest.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Manifest.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/Liblist/Kid.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Liblist/Kid.pm

cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Prereqs.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Prereqs.pm

cp inc/Parse/CPAN/Meta.pm blib/lib/Parse/CPAN/Meta.pm

cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Feature.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Feature.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Win32.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Win32.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Cygwin.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Cygwin.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_MacOS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_MacOS.pm

cp inc/JSON/PP.pm blib/lib/JSON/PP.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MY.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MY.pm

cp inc/CPAN/Meta.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/Mksymlists.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Mksymlists.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_VOS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_VOS.pm

cp inc/JSON/PP/Boolean.pm blib/lib/JSON/PP/Boolean.pm

cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Requirements.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Requirements.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/testlib.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/testlib.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/Mkbootstrap.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Mkbootstrap.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_DOS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_DOS.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm

cp inc/ExtUtils/Install.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Install.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/FAQ.pod blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/FAQ.pod

cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Spec.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Spec.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_UWIN.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_UWIN.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Win95.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Win95.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Any.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Any.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/Command.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Command.pm

cp inc/CPAN/Meta/History.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/History.pm

cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Validator.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Validator.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_OS2.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_OS2.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version/vpp.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version/vpp.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Config.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Config.pm

cp inc/ExtUtils/MANIFEST.SKIP blib/lib/ExtUtils/MANIFEST.SKIP

cp lib/ExtUtils/Liblist.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Liblist.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_VMS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_VMS.pm

cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_BeOS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_BeOS.pm

cp bin/instmodsh blib/script/instmodsh

"/usr/bin/perl" "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib" -MExtUtils::MY -e 'MY->fixin(shift)' -- blib/script/instmodsh

Manifying 1 pod document

Manifying 46 pod documents

  BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz

  /usr/bin/make -- OK

'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state

Running make test

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t

t/00compile.t ............. ok

t/01perl_bugs.t ........... ok

t/02-xsdynamic.t ..........

So it looks like the problem is not Finance::Quote at all - instead, it's getting hung up on Date::Manip because it can't find ExtUtils::MakeMaker, and the install of ExtUtils::MakeMaker is what's hanging.  However, I do indeed have MakeMaker installed:


$ cpan -D ExtUtils::MakeMaker

Reading '/Users/myname/.cpan/Metadata'

  Database was generated on Sun, 06 Aug 2017 20:17:02 GMT

ExtUtils::MakeMaker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writes Makefiles for extensions

B/BI/BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz

/System/Library/Perl/5.18/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm

Installed: 6.66

CPAN:      7.30  Not up to date

Michael G Schwern (MSCHWERN)

[hidden email]

I don't understand why the Date::Manip install can't find it.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks for any help.
Dan


_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Trouble installing Finance::Quote on Mac OSX Yosemite

John Ralls

> On Aug 7, 2017, at 3:59 PM, Daniel Dickinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks all for your replies.  I do indeed have Xcode and command line tools installed, and I've run plenty of other Perl code without any issues.
>
> I did a little more digging.  Here is the complete output from running sudo perl /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update:
>
>
> Reading '/Users/danieldickinson/.cpan/Metadata'
>
>  Database was generated on Sun, 06 Aug 2017 20:17:02 GMT
>
> Running install for module 'Date::Manip'
>
> Running make for S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.59.tar.gz
>
> Checksum for /Users/danieldickinson/.cpan/sources/authors/id/S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.59.tar.gz ok
>
> ---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during ----
>
> ----       SBECK/Date-Manip-6.59.tar.gz       ----
>
>    ExtUtils::MakeMaker [build_requires]
>
> Running make test
>
>  Make had some problems, won't test
>
>  Delayed until after prerequisites
>
> Running make install
>
>  Make had some problems, won't install
>
>  Delayed until after prerequisites
>
> Running install for module 'ExtUtils::MakeMaker'
>
> Running make for B/BI/BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz
>
> Checksum for /Users/danieldickinson/.cpan/sources/authors/id/B/BI/BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz ok
>
>
>  CPAN.pm: Building B/BI/BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz
>
>
> Using included version of CPAN::Meta (2.143240) as it is newer than the installed version (2.133380).
>
> Using included version of CPAN::Meta::Requirements (2.131) as it is newer than the installed version (2.122).
>
> Using included version of CPAN::Meta::YAML (0.011) as it is newer than the installed version (0.008).
>
> Using included version of ExtUtils::Install (2.06) as it is newer than the installed version (1.59).
>
> Using included version of ExtUtils::Manifest (1.70) as it is newer than the installed version (1.63).
>
> Using included version of JSON::PP (2.27203) as it is newer than the installed version (2.27202).
>
> Using included version of Parse::CPAN::Meta (1.4414) as it is newer than the installed version (1.4404).
>
> Checking if your kit is complete...
>
> Looks good
>
> Generating a Unix-style Makefile
>
> Writing Makefile for ExtUtils::MakeMaker
>
> Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/Command/MM.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Command/MM.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_QNX.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_QNX.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_NW5.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_NW5.pm
>
> cp inc/ExtUtils/Packlist.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Packlist.pm
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Converter.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Converter.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Tutorial.pod blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Tutorial.pod
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta/YAML.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/YAML.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_AIX.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_AIX.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Darwin.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Darwin.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version/regex.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version/regex.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Locale.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Locale.pm
>
> cp inc/ExtUtils/Installed.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Installed.pm
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Merge.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Merge.pm
>
> cp inc/ExtUtils/Manifest.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Manifest.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/Liblist/Kid.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Liblist/Kid.pm
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Prereqs.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Prereqs.pm
>
> cp inc/Parse/CPAN/Meta.pm blib/lib/Parse/CPAN/Meta.pm
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Feature.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Feature.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Win32.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Win32.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Cygwin.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Cygwin.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_MacOS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_MacOS.pm
>
> cp inc/JSON/PP.pm blib/lib/JSON/PP.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MY.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MY.pm
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/Mksymlists.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Mksymlists.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_VOS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_VOS.pm
>
> cp inc/JSON/PP/Boolean.pm blib/lib/JSON/PP/Boolean.pm
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Requirements.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Requirements.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/testlib.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/testlib.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/Mkbootstrap.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Mkbootstrap.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_DOS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_DOS.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm
>
> cp inc/ExtUtils/Install.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Install.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/FAQ.pod blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/FAQ.pod
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Spec.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Spec.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_UWIN.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_UWIN.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Win95.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Win95.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_Any.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Any.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/Command.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Command.pm
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta/History.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/History.pm
>
> cp inc/CPAN/Meta/Validator.pm blib/lib/CPAN/Meta/Validator.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_OS2.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_OS2.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version/vpp.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/version/vpp.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Config.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Config.pm
>
> cp inc/ExtUtils/MANIFEST.SKIP blib/lib/ExtUtils/MANIFEST.SKIP
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/Liblist.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/Liblist.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_VMS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_VMS.pm
>
> cp lib/ExtUtils/MM_BeOS.pm blib/lib/ExtUtils/MM_BeOS.pm
>
> cp bin/instmodsh blib/script/instmodsh
>
> "/usr/bin/perl" "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib" -MExtUtils::MY -e 'MY->fixin(shift)' -- blib/script/instmodsh
>
> Manifying 1 pod document
>
> Manifying 46 pod documents
>
>  BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz
>
>  /usr/bin/make -- OK
>
> 'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
>
> Running make test
>
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
>
> t/00compile.t ............. ok
>
> t/01perl_bugs.t ........... ok
>
> t/02-xsdynamic.t ..........
>
> So it looks like the problem is not Finance::Quote at all - instead, it's getting hung up on Date::Manip because it can't find ExtUtils::MakeMaker, and the install of ExtUtils::MakeMaker is what's hanging.  However, I do indeed have MakeMaker installed:
>
>
> $ cpan -D ExtUtils::MakeMaker
>
> Reading '/Users/myname/.cpan/Metadata'
>
>  Database was generated on Sun, 06 Aug 2017 20:17:02 GMT
>
> ExtUtils::MakeMaker
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Writes Makefiles for extensions
>
> B/BI/BINGOS/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.30.tar.gz
>
> /System/Library/Perl/5.18/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm
>
> Installed: 6.66
>
> CPAN:      7.30  Not up to date
>
> Michael G Schwern (MSCHWERN)
>
> [hidden email]
>
> I don't understand why the Date::Manip install can't find it.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks for any help.
> Dan

Not being able to find a module should error out immediately, not hang. Let it hang again and either attach the process in lldb or use Activity Montitor's Spindump facility to see what it's really doing.

Regards,
John Ralls

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Trouble installing Finance::Quote on Mac OSX Yosemite

Daniel Dickinson
So, it turns out I was using a super old version of Xcode (4.6.3, which I installed a long time ago for another project).  I installed 7.1.2, which is the latest version compatible with Yosemite, and now it installed without errors and appears to be working correctly (I can download quotes).  Sorry for all the email traffic over such a simple issue, but I appreciate all your replies and thought I'd pass the result along in case others experience similar issues.


Thanks,

Dan

________________________________
From: John Ralls <[hidden email]>
Sent: Monday, August 7, 2017 2:29 PM
To: Daniel Dickinson
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Trouble installing Finance::Quote on Mac OSX Yosemite



Not being able to find a module should error out immediately, not hang. Let it hang again and either attach the process in lldb or use Activity Montitor's Spindump facility to see what it's really doing.

Regards,
John Ralls

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Loading...