Stuck in Mac OS X Instructions

BelieveNada
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to follow the instructions here -
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation#gnucash-2.0 - for
installing Gnucash 2.0 on Mac OS X.  After a couple of days messing with
it, I got all of the Fink packages installed as suggested.  Now, I'm
stuck with the g-wrap-1.9.6 steps.  At "./configure" I get the error
that it cannot find Guile.  But I know that Guile-1.6 is available in
/sw/bin and that that directory is in $PATH.

Any suggestions about getting the g-wrap configure script to find Guile
and finish with making the Make file?

Thanks,
Rudye

Re: Stuck in Mac OS X Instructions

David Reiser

On Aug 8, 2006, at 2:08 AM, Rudye McGlothlin wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm trying to follow the instructions here -
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation#gnucash-2.0 - for
> installing Gnucash 2.0 on Mac OS X.  After a couple of days messing
> with
> it, I got all of the Fink packages installed as suggested.  Now, I'm
> stuck with the g-wrap-1.9.6 steps.  At "./configure" I get the error
> that it cannot find Guile.  But I know that Guile-1.6 is available in
> /sw/bin and that that directory is in $PATH.
>
> Any suggestions about getting the g-wrap configure script to find
> Guile
> and finish with making the Make file?

Do you also have guile16-dev and guile16-shlibs installed?

I admit to being confused about g-wrap. I thought I'd heard that g-
wrap 1.3.4 wouldn't compile in gcc 4. But there is no gcc 3.anything
for intel macs, yet the experimental gnucash.info file for 2.0.0 and
2.0.1 succeeds using the current fink installed version of g-wrap 1.3.4!

And g-wrap 1.9.6 won't compile on Intel Macs because the libffi
included in the g-wrap tarball won't compile.

You might try going ahead with the fink version of g-wrap 1.3.4 in
the 10.4 tree and seeing if it works.

> Thanks,
> Rudye

Dave
--
David Reiser

Re: Stuck in Mac OS X Instructions

Chris Shoemaker
On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 07:43:02PM -0400, David Reiser wrote:

> On Aug 8, 2006, at 2:08 AM, Rudye McGlothlin wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to follow the instructions here -
> > http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation#gnucash-2.0 - for
> > installing Gnucash 2.0 on Mac OS X.  After a couple of days messing
> > with
> > it, I got all of the Fink packages installed as suggested.  Now, I'm
> > stuck with the g-wrap-1.9.6 steps.  At "./configure" I get the error
> > that it cannot find Guile.  But I know that Guile-1.6 is available in
> > /sw/bin and that that directory is in $PATH.
> >
> > Any suggestions about getting the g-wrap configure script to find
> > Guile
> > and finish with making the Make file?
>
> Do you also have guile16-dev and guile16-shlibs installed?
>
> I admit to being confused about g-wrap. I thought I'd heard that g-
> wrap 1.3.4 wouldn't compile in gcc 4.

It will compile fine, but it generates warnings that gcc 3.x doesn't.
So, you have to play with the compiler flags.  I think
CFLAGS="-Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused" should be sufficient.

-chris