Strings, Strings and Strings again :-)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Strings, Strings and Strings again :-)

Tor Harald Thorland
Hello,

Since we are getting closer to the string freeze as Christian said in
another mail here, I'll like to highlight a couple of strings here...
Some are "missing", and the others i'll suspect as not to be translated.
They are no big deal if they should be translated or not, but it is noce
to get rid of them if they are something that is not in use anymore.

**/Easy Invoice:\**
On the Easy Invoice I'll still missing these. I guess the "invoice not
posted" is something comming from some code, and not the scheme.. (If I
have understod it right...)
- Invoice #
- INVOICE NOT POSTED
- Thank you for your patronage
- "Display the price per item" wich is a "Tip" for the Price checkbox
under Options on Fancy Invoice

**/Other question\**
1. What is "Proximo" according to my dictionary it is something like "in
the next month"


2. Isn't the string below a little... total total....
"Display each entry's total total tax"
#. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
#. src/business/business-reports/easy-invoice.scm
#. src/business/business-reports/invoice.scm
#: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3200 ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3400
#: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3588


3. Shall this one be "translated" as well?
"T"
#. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
#. src/business/business-reports/easy-invoice.scm
#. src/business/business-reports/invoice.scm
#: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3154 ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3354
#: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3542

4. This one.. is not shown anywhere on the invoice.. what is it, and
should it be translated? There are quite a few strings/word wich is
written in uppercase letters. I have seen a comment on some of them, but
not all
"REF"
#. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
#. src/business/business-reports/easy-invoice.scm
#. src/business/business-reports/invoice.scm
#: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3298 ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3500
#: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3660

5. And What about this.. Is it some testing string or..
"[rmw] THIS WINDOW SHOULD NOT BE CREATED"
#: ../src/gnome/glade/register.glade.h:75
And
#: ../src/gnome/glade/register.glade.h:74
And
#: ../src/gnome/glade/register.glade.h:73

Thanks in advance!
Tor Harald

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Strings, Strings and Strings again :-)

Didier Vidal
Tor Harald Thorland wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since we are getting closer to the string freeze as Christian said in
> another mail here, I'll like to highlight a couple of strings here...
> Some are "missing", and the others i'll suspect as not to be translated.

I confirm.

> They are no big deal if they should be translated or not, but it is
> noce to get rid of them if they are something that is not in use anymore.

Also, it's better if we know that we can see each translated String in
its GUI context. Which is not the case now.

>
> [...]
>
> **/Other question\**
> 1. What is "Proximo" according to my dictionary it is something like
> "in the next month"

My understanding is that all bills that happen after a given date will
be due the next month. It's about packing bill terms, instead of having
to control a sliding window for each bill. In french, I believe that the
same term, 'proximo', is used for this condition.

>
>
> [...]


Didier.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Strings, Strings and Strings again :-)

Christian Stimming
In reply to this post by Tor Harald Thorland
Hi Tor,

Am Sonntag, 19. März 2006 14:45 schrieb Tor Harald Thorland:
> Since we are getting closer to the string freeze as Christian said in
> another mail here, I'll like to highlight a couple of strings here...
> Some are "missing", and the others i'll suspect as not to be translated.
> They are no big deal if they should be translated or not, but it is noce
> to get rid of them if they are something that is not in use anymore.

Thanks for all of them. Please keep on notifying us about each of those
untranslated strings :-)

> **/Easy Invoice:\**
> On the Easy Invoice I'll still missing these. I guess the "invoice not
> posted" is something comming from some code, and not the scheme.. (If I
> have understod it right...)
> - Invoice #
> - INVOICE NOT POSTED
> - Thank you for your patronage
> - "Display the price per item" wich is a "Tip" for the Price checkbox
> under Options on Fancy Invoice

Thanks. Are all marked for translation now.

> **/Other question\**
> 1. What is "Proximo" according to my dictionary it is something like "in
> the next month"
>
>
> 2. Isn't the string below a little... total total....
> "Display each entry's total total tax"
> #. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/easy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/invoice.scm
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3200 ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3400
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3588
>
>
> 3. Shall this one be "translated" as well?
> "T"
> #. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/easy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/invoice.scm
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3154 ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3354
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3542

Seems to me it should be the abbreviation for "Tax". To me, it seems a very
U.S. thing to abbreviate various things on a form by one single letter -- you
wouldn't do that in my home language at all. Whatever. In scheme there's no
easy alternative compared to translating only one character (IIRC there is no
disambiguation prefix / context prefix), so just translate it into an
abbreviation for "Tax".

> 4. This one.. is not shown anywhere on the invoice.. what is it, and
> should it be translated? There are quite a few strings/word wich is
> written in uppercase letters. I have seen a comment on some of them, but
> not all
> "REF"
> #. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/easy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/invoice.scm
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3298 ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3500
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3660
>
> 5. And What about this.. Is it some testing string or..
> "[rmw] THIS WINDOW SHOULD NOT BE CREATED"
> #: ../src/gnome/glade/register.glade.h:75
> And
> #: ../src/gnome/glade/register.glade.h:74
> And
> #: ../src/gnome/glade/register.glade.h:73

These should not appear in the translation pot file. I've removed the
translatable="yes" marker for this. Thanks for pointing these out.

Christian

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Strings, Strings and Strings again :-)

Tor Harald Thorland
Christian Stimming wrote:
Hi Tor,

Am Sonntag, 19. März 2006 14:45 schrieb Tor Harald Thorland:
  
Since we are getting closer to the string freeze as Christian said in
another mail here, I'll like to highlight a couple of strings here...
Some are "missing", and the others i'll suspect as not to be translated.
They are no big deal if they should be translated or not, but it is noce
to get rid of them if they are something that is not in use anymore.
    

Thanks for all of them. Please keep on notifying us about each of those 
untranslated strings :-)

  
Yupp, start with a look on the options dialog for the custom multi column report. I guess almost all of the different types of reportsyou can choose from in there are not marked for translation.

& Thanks for quick fix on the other ones!

Tor Harald


_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel