Step One

Jeni Sall
Hi ­

I would like to download GNUCash, but when I click on the download, I get a
long listing of options, and I don¹t know which one is the one I should
choose. I have an iMac running OSX version 10.4.10. I am a long-time
Quicken/QuickBooks user, but I¹m no longer happy with how Intuit does
business, and I¹d like to switch to another program. Please let me know how
to get started on GNUCash.

Thanks!

-jeni

Re: Step One

Josh Sled
Jeni Sall <[hidden email]> writes:
> I would like to download GNUCash, but when I click on the download, I get a
> long listing of options, and I don¹t know which one is the one I should
> choose. I have an iMac running OSX version 10.4.10. I am a long-time

<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation> is a good guide.  The short
version is: use Fink or MacPorts to install GnuCash.  I'm not sure they've
packaged 2.2.0, yet, however.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}

Re: Step One

Marc André Selig-2
On 7/18/07, Josh Sled <[hidden email]> wrote:
> <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation> is a good guide.  The short
> version is: use Fink or MacPorts to install GnuCash.  I'm not sure they've
> packaged 2.2.0, yet, however.

MacPorts has been providing 2.2.0 since 7/16.

Regards,
Marc

Re: Step One

David Reiser

On 18 Jul 2007, at 3:37:30 PM, Josh Sled wrote:

> Jeni Sall <[hidden email]> writes:
>> I would like to download GNUCash, but when I click on the
>> download, I get a
>> long listing of options, and I don¹t know which one is the one I
>> should
>> choose. I have an iMac running OSX version 10.4.10. I am a long-time
>
> <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation> is a good guide.
> The short
> version is: use Fink or MacPorts to install GnuCash.  I'm not sure
> they've
> packaged 2.2.0, yet, however.

I really should see if they'd give me commit access for gnucash
upgrades. :)

The fink package has not yet passed validation by someone with commit
privileges, but it should be available in a few days (been in the
approval queue since Sunday).

  Dave
--
David Reiser