Simple report needed

Vahur Lokk
Hi all!
I need extremely simple thing. For tax reporting purposes, so it does
matter big time.
three numbers for a specific period:
1. Sales, or actually its "sales"+"other income"
2. "VAT received" - liability account, in most cases 18% of row no. 1
3. "VAT paid" - asset account

Period should be changeable, though most used would probably be
"previous month".

I tried to modify number of existing reports, but to no avail.

Wahur

Re: Simple report needed

Maf. King
On Friday 20 Jul 2007, Vahur Lokk wrote:

> Hi all!
> I need extremely simple thing. For tax reporting purposes, so it does
> matter big time.
> three numbers for a specific period:
> 1. Sales, or actually its "sales"+"other income"
> 2. "VAT received" - liability account, in most cases 18% of row no. 1
> 3. "VAT paid" - asset account
>
> Period should be changeable, though most used would probably be
> "previous month".
>
> I tried to modify number of existing reports, but to no avail.
>
> Wahur
Hi Wahur,

I have several modified transaction reports for producing my VAT return
figures.  Can't remember the exact settings, but obviously, the date-range is
set to reflect the relevant quarter.

I have several reports - one for VAT due, one for VAT paid, one for Total
Income and one for total expenses, etc, as per the UK VAT return boxes.  I
did try to get a single report for all the totals required, but found it
simpler to have multiple reports.

HTH,
Maf.

Re: Simple report needed

Vahur Lokk
Maf. King wrote:

> Hi Wahur,
>
> I have several modified transaction reports for producing my VAT return
> figures.  Can't remember the exact settings, but obviously, the date-range is
> set to reflect the relevant quarter.
>
> I have several reports - one for VAT due, one for VAT paid, one for Total
> Income and one for total expenses, etc, as per the UK VAT return boxes.  I
> did try to get a single report for all the totals required, but found it
> simpler to have multiple reports.
>
> HTH,
> Maf.

I actually found something that does more or less that I need - based on
transaction report. It will do - as long as my transaction count is
relatively low the extra information does not bother.

But than you anyway :)

Wahur

Re: Simple report needed

Bugzilla from spelya@yahoo.ca
Le vendredi 20 juillet 2007 15:38, Vahur Lokk a écrit :

> Maf. King wrote:
> > Hi Wahur,
> >
> > I have several modified transaction reports for producing my VAT return
> > figures.  Can't remember the exact settings, but obviously, the date-range is
> > set to reflect the relevant quarter.
> >
> > I have several reports - one for VAT due, one for VAT paid, one for Total
> > Income and one for total expenses, etc, as per the UK VAT return boxes.  I
> > did try to get a single report for all the totals required, but found it
> > simpler to have multiple reports.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Maf.
> >
> I actually found something that does more or less that I need - based on
> transaction report. It will do - as long as my transaction count is
> relatively low the extra information does not bother.
To see only totals for the periode, have you tried:
- Select Transaction report
- On the Accounts tab of the "Report Accounts" pane, select only the three accounts using CTRL. Set Filter Type to none.
- On the Display Tab, unselect all boxes
- Specify the from/to period under the General tab

You shoud get only totals per period for the selected accounts.

Regards,