Schwab shows no tranactions

Dan Nelms
Hello. I'm just setting up GnuCash under Windows10. I've set up Schwab
with OFX direct connect. Everything is working perfectly in GnuCash
except when I try to download from my Schwab brokerage account it tells
me there are no transactions for the period I've indicated. I know there
are transactions. I've checked the dates and even selected a broader
date range and still the no transactions message. My credit card and
bank accounts work fine. I know I have the right Schwap because it
retrieved my account numbers and I have a GnuCash account associated
with it. Any help with Schwab brokerage accounts? Dan.

Re: Schwab shows no tranactions

GnuCash - User mailing list
I had a similar situation with my bank account.  I found a unsimilar account in Gnucash setup starting with C:\. After removing the account while in Gnucash I was able to get the OFX files to download properly.

Joseph St. Denis

Get Outlook for Android

Re: Schwab shows no tranactions

Dan Nelms
I don't find any "unsimilar" account.

On 12/22/2017 5:37 AM, Joseph St. Denis wrote:

> I had a similar situation with my bank account.  I found a unsimilar
> account in Gnucash setup starting with C:\. After removing the account
> while in Gnucash I was able to get the OFX files to download properly.
>
> Joseph St. Denis

randix
I've only used Gnucash and aqbanking module for Schwab Bank downloads which
has always worked great.

For some reason I've long since forgotten, I thought it didn't work with the
brokerage side.  Guess I'm wrong?  I did start to fool with it, but is
https://ofx.schwab.com/cgi_dev/ofx_server correct?  Thought I read in the
documentation somewhere that someone said that was a phishing link???

Re: Schwab shows no tranactions

randix
Steve wrote
> I've only used Gnucash and aqbanking module for Schwab Bank downloads
> which
> has always worked great.
>
> For some reason I've long since forgotten, I thought it didn't work with
> the
> brokerage side.  Guess I'm wrong?  I did start to fool with it, but is
> https://ofx.schwab.com/cgi_dev/ofx_server correct?  Thought I read in the
> documentation somewhere that someone said that was a phishing link???

I misread the documentation; it's another link, one character off, that
someone identified as a phishing link. Nevertheless, I have been
unsuccessful in getting Schwab brokerage transactions to download; I did
note one person's comment that he changed the FID to 8888 from 5104 but
makes no difference, eg no transactions download.

Can anyone conclusively say they have downloads of Schwab brokerage (not
bank) working? If the consensus is that it's not available, will not invest
further time fooling with it... thanks

Re: [GNC] Schwab shows no tranactions

DenverJim
Hi.  Just ran into this problem too.  gnucash is successfully communicating
with Schwab OFX server.  It returns the correct accounts I have with Schwab.
Just get no transactions to download message.

Just checking to make sure brokerage account sync doesn't work at all with
Schwab.

Thanks in advance.