Scheduled Transaction Help :(

Steve
I'm running Windows 10, GnuCash Version 2.6.17.

After using GnuCash for a number of years, I finally am getting around to using the Scheduled Transaction feature.  Previously I would simply add the upcoming anticipated transactions to the account registry, and then when the date in question hit for payment, I would manually add another transaction for the same item for the next due date.  At least I could have a snapshot of upcoming transactions.

Anyway, so I went and added all of my scheduled transactions with no issue, I did this around July 27th or so, some were to hit on the 1st or 2nd.  After making my initial entries, I used the "since last run", and it worked perfect, eg all of the scheduled entries I made, appeared in the various accounts for the next payment date.  So all is good.

So 8/1 comes and goes, 8/2 comes and go.  Although I have the settings on each transaction to create automatically AND to create in advance (31 days), I of course expected to see new transactions to appear on 9/1 and 9/2 in the relevant accounts.  But no transactions appear.  When I exit and re-start GnuCash, they still don't appear, when I click "since last run" they also don't appear.  When I bring up the relevant transactions in Scheduled Transactions I do note it says "Last occurrence: 9-1-2017", but there's no new entry for 9/1.

Below is a screenshot of one of the transactions in Scheduled Transactions.  Can anyone give me a clue as to what I'm obviously doing wrong?  Thanks!  :)

Re: Scheduled Transaction Help :(

Dave H
Hi Steve,

This is how I set mine up, I don't bother with the remind in advance as I'm
already telling it to create the transaction and notify me when it does and
I use Gnucash daily so I don't need a reminder.

Your screenshot seems to indicate it thinks it's already created the
transaction for 1 September as it says Last Occurred : 2017-09-01 - are you
sure there's not one there ?  If not you could try bumping the create in
advance out another 5-6 weeks and try running the since last run wizard
again an see if it creates the transaction for October.

[image: Inline images 1]

Have you checked the frequency tab settings to ensure they're consistent
with what you want ?

[image: Inline images 2]

Cheers Dave H

image.png (19K) Download Attachment
image.png (23K) Download Attachment

Re: Scheduled Transaction Help :(

Steve
I double checked the settings, and mine look correct.

As I indicated, although the scheduled transaction SAYS in my screenshot the last occurrence was on 9/1/17, in fact no transaction for it was created on 9/1/17. I did try changing the time to 60 days as you suggested, and ran it, and a transaction was indeed created for 10/1 (but none for 9/1, as I assume it thinks it already did that).

So I guess my next question is, is it possible to "reset" the dates that gnucash is keeping track of, for scheduled transactions.  Or do I need to DELETE my scheduled transaction and re-enter it to get a clean slate?  That really has nothing to do with solving my problem, but it would help in testing to try and figure out what is going on.

My other transactions on 8/1 also are showing that the last created occurrences was on 9/1, but again, NO transactions were in fact created.  So clearly this isn't just related to an isolated transaction of mine, it's impacting all of my scheduled transactions.

I'll fool with it a bit more; worst case I'll just go back to manually doing it.  Figured I'd throw it out there in case someone noticed I was doing something wrong...

Re: Scheduled Transaction Help :(

Colin Law
Can you show us the contents of the template transaction tab?

Colin

On 3 August 2017 at 01:16, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm running Windows 10, GnuCash Version 2.6.17.
>
> After using GnuCash for a number of years, I finally am getting around to
> using the Scheduled Transaction feature.  Previously I would simply add the
> upcoming anticipated transactions to the account registry, and then when the
> date in question hit for payment, I would manually add another transaction
> for the same item for the next due date.  At least I could have a snapshot
> of upcoming transactions.
>
> Anyway, so I went and added all of my scheduled transactions with no issue,
> I did this around July 27th or so, some were to hit on the 1st or 2nd.
> After making my initial entries, I used the "since last run", and it worked
> perfect, eg all of the scheduled entries I made, appeared in the various
> accounts for the next payment date.  So all is good.
>
> So 8/1 comes and goes, 8/2 comes and go.  Although I have the settings on
> each transaction to create automatically AND to create in advance (31 days),
> I of course expected to see new transactions to appear on 9/1 and 9/2 in the
> relevant accounts.  But no transactions appear.  When I exit and re-start
> GnuCash, they still don't appear, when I click "since last run" they also
> don't appear.  When I bring up the relevant transactions in Scheduled
> Transactions I do note it says "Last occurrence: 9-1-2017", but there's no
> new entry for 9/1.
>
> Below is a screenshot of one of the transactions in Scheduled Transactions.
> Can anyone give me a clue as to what I'm obviously doing wrong?  Thanks!  :)
>
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4693019/Image_1.jpg>

Re: Scheduled Transaction Help :(

Steve
Sure...

Re: Scheduled Transaction Help :(

David Carlson-4
Another thing to try that once helped me to fix some old and broken SEx's
(android did tat and I can't fix it.) is to enter zero's into every empty
acccouunt value box so there are two values in each line.

Sounds crazy but it actually worked

David C

On Aug 3, 2017 2:48 AM, "Steve" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sure...
>
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4693030/Image_7.jpg>

Re: Scheduled Transaction Help :(

Steve
Figured I'd put an end to this thread.  Bottom line, I eventually got it to work, although I can't offer much of an explanation as to why.  I DELETED all of the scheduled entries I made, and started over.  Used the same entries.  It's working now.