Save As in 1.9.0 r11850

David Reiser
I'm running the g2 version on OS X 10.4.3.

After importing a copy of my 1.8.11 file, or after running through
the new file wizard, if I choose 'Save As' from the file menu, the
window that appears is named just 'Save', and there is no entry box
for me type in a file name. I can pick an existing file from the
explorer/browser in the Save window (thus replacing an existing
file), but I can't name a new file.

I have installed gnumeric, and it behaves normally, so I don't think
it is my gnome2 installation.
--
David Reiser

Re: Save As in 1.9.0 r11850

Michael Wahlbrink
David Reiser schrieb:

> I'm running the g2 version on OS X 10.4.3.
>
> After importing a copy of my 1.8.11 file, or after running through  the
> new file wizard, if I choose 'Save As' from the file menu, the  window
> that appears is named just 'Save', and there is no entry box  for me
> type in a file name. I can pick an existing file from the
> explorer/browser in the Save window (thus replacing an existing  file),
> but I can't name a new file.
>
> I have installed gnumeric, and it behaves normally, so I don't think  it
> is my gnome2 installation.
I've seen that also on my gentoo-box, but I've been short on time to
verify if its an error with my build.... but now it does not seems so....
hth
micha

Re: Save As in 1.9.0 r11850

David Hampton-2
On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 22:37 -0500, David Reiser wrote:
> I'm running the g2 version on OS X 10.4.3.
>
> After importing a copy of my 1.8.11 file, or after running through
> the new file wizard, if I choose 'Save As' from the file menu, the
> window that appears is named just 'Save', and there is no entry box
> for me type in a file name. I can pick an existing file from the
> explorer/browser in the Save window (thus replacing an existing
> file), but I can't name a new file.

Fixed in 11943.  What you were getting was an "Open" dialog, despite the
fact that it said "Save" at the top.