Russian translation - need help placing

Evgeny Zhulin
Hi!

I have russian translation docs gnucash. Please, help to put it to
gnucash.org. I haven't use GIT and don't know how put docs to gnucash.org
site.

Source russian translation: http://gnucash.ru/

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I have russian translation docs gnucash. Please, help to put it to
> gnucash.org. I haven't use GIT and don't know how put docs to gnucash.org
> site.

Thank you; we would need the documentation sources as a patch against
the gnucash-docs git repository.

Instructions for GIT can be found at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git

> Source russian translation: http://gnucash.ru/

Unfortunately this looks like the compiled docs, not the doc sources.
We need the sources.

Thank you!

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

Please be sure to CC gnucash-devel on all replies so that all the active
developers (I am not currently very active) can see your response..

Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I don't know how use GIT. Can I send to you sources text with *.doc format?

a) git is easy, and the link I provided explains how to use it.
b) We cannot take a .doc; we need the docbook xml sources.

>     Hi,
>
>     Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>     > Hi!
>     >
>     > I have russian translation docs gnucash. Please, help to put it to
>     > gnucash.org. I haven't use GIT and don't know how put docs to
>     gnucash.org
>     > site.
>
>     Thank you; we would need the documentation sources as a patch against
>     the gnucash-docs git repository.
>
>     Instructions for GIT can be found at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
>
>     > Source russian translation: http://gnucash.ru/
>
>     Unfortunately this looks like the compiled docs, not the doc sources.
>     We need the sources.
>
>     Thank you!
>
>     -derek
>     --
>            Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
>            Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
>            [hidden email]                        PGP key available

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

John Ralls-2

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 6:36 AM, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Please be sure to CC gnucash-devel on all replies so that all the active
> developers (I am not currently very active) can see your response..
>
> Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> writes:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I don't know how use GIT. Can I send to you sources text with *.doc format?
>
> a) git is easy, and the link I provided explains how to use it.
> b) We cannot take a .doc; we need the docbook xml sources.

>>    Hi,
>>
>>    Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I have russian translation docs gnucash. Please, help to put it to
>>> gnucash.org. I haven't use GIT and don't know how put docs to
>>    gnucash.org
>>> site.
>>
>>    Thank you; we would need the documentation sources as a patch against
>>    the gnucash-docs git repository.
>>
>>    Instructions for GIT can be found at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
>>
>>> Source russian translation: http://gnucash.ru/
>>
>>    Unfortunately this looks like the compiled docs, not the doc sources.
>>    We need the sources.
>>
>>    Thank you!

Evgeny,

To explain a bit more what Derek is telling you, please read http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Translating_the_GnuCash_Guide_and_Help.

If you rewrote the documentation in Russian in a word processor then I’m afraid you have a bit more work ahead of you, sorry. Derek’s comment that “git is easy” is true for most programmers, but it seems to be a bit more challenging for others, so we’ll happily take compressed archives (tar.gz, zip, etc.) of a complete translation *in DocBook markup*. You can get compressed archives of the documentation at https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/releases <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/releases> from which you can copy the construction files.

If you’re facile with gettext po files you can extract a potfile from the C sources and make an ru.po instead of creating DocBook sources; the Italian translation does that, so we already have infrastructure in place to handle it.

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

Di Mang
Hi,

​I contacted Evgeny because of the russian translation. The translation was
created by another user as HTML files.
I transfered the translation into the XML files (DocBook markup). For the
transfer I used the original guide structure (guide/C). Currently I have
only transfered the translation for the first chapter. The other chapters I
will transfer step by step.​ For first part I sent the follow pull request
on GitHub: https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/pull/92.

Would it be possible to include this documentation in "Nightly
Documentation Builds", so that the other translators from russian
translation team can see the current state?

Best Regards,
Di Mang

> [...]

> If you rewrote the documentation in Russian in a word processor then I’m afraid you have a bit more work ahead of you, sorry. Derek’s comment that “git is easy” is true for most programmers, but it seems to be a bit more challenging for others, so we’ll happily take compressed archives (tar.gz, zip, etc.) of a complete translation *in DocBook markup*. You can get compressed archives of the documentation at https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/releases <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/releases> from which you can copy the construction files.
>
> If you’re facile with gettext po files you can extract a potfile from the C sources and make an ru.po instead of creating DocBook sources; the Italian translation does that, so we already have infrastructure in place to handle it.

Brilliant, thanks.
It will be part of the nightly doc build the day after your PR gets merged. I'm probably not going to have time for that this week, but Geert or Frank might.

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

Frank H. Ellenberger-3
Am 27.06.2017 um 21:56 schrieb John Ralls:

>> On Jun 27, 2017, at 12:26 PM, Di Mang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> ​I contacted Evgeny because of the russian translation. The translation was created by another user as HTML files.
>> I transfered the translation into the XML files (DocBook markup). For the transfer I used the original guide structure (guide/C). Currently I have only transfered the translation for the first chapter. The other chapters I will transfer step by step.​ For first part I sent the follow pull request on GitHub: https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/pull/92.
>>
>> Would it be possible to include this documentation in "Nightly Documentation Builds", so that the other translators from russian translation team can see the current state?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Di Mang

>>> On Jun 9, 2017, at 6:36 AM, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please be sure to CC gnucash-devel on all replies so that all the active
>>> developers (I am not currently very active) can see your response..

>>> a) git is easy, and the link I provided explains how to use it.
>>> b) We cannot take a .doc; we need the docbook xml sources.
>>>
>>> -derek

>> Evgeny,
>>
>> To explain a bit more what Derek is telling you, please read http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Translating_the_GnuCash_Guide_and_Help.
>>
>> If you rewrote the documentation in Russian in a word processor then I’m afraid you have a bit more work ahead of you, sorry. Derek’s comment that “git is easy” is true for most programmers, but it seems to be a bit more challenging for others, so we’ll happily take compressed archives (tar.gz, zip, etc.) of a complete translation *in DocBook markup*. You can get compressed archives of the documentation at https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/releases <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/releases> from which you can copy the construction files.
>>
>> If you’re facile with gettext po files you can extract a potfile from the C sources and make an ru.po instead of creating DocBook sources; the Italian translation does that, so we already have infrastructure in place to handle it.
>
> Di,
>
> Brilliant, thanks.
> It will be part of the nightly doc build the day after your PR gets merged. I'm probably not going to have time for that this week, but Geert or Frank might.

Hi Dmitriy,

as you know from GitHub, it is now in the repository and should be built
in a few hours. But I fear, Derek will have to adjust the configuration
of the server before it becomes visible as

https://code.gnucash.org/docs/ru

Regards
Frank

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

Di Mang
​Hi Frank, John and Derek,

​​Can you please ​add​ the russian documentation to the nightly doc build?

Would it be​ possible​ to create a mailing list for​ ​russian users:
[hidden email]?
This will greatly simplify the communication within the group.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Best regards,
DiMan

[hidden email]>:

> [...]
> >
> > Regards,
> > John Ralls
>
> Hi Dmitriy,
>
> as you know from GitHub, it is now in the repository and should be built
> in a few hours. But I fear, Derek will have to adjust the configuration
> of the server before it becomes visible as
>
> https://code.gnucash.org/docs/ru
>
> Regards
> Frank

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

John Ralls-2

> On Jul 3, 2017, at 11:35 AM, Di Mang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ​Hi Frank, John and Derek,
>
> ​​Can you please ​add​ the russian documentation to the nightly doc build?
> ​
> Would it be​ possible​ to create a mailing list for​ ​russian users: [hidden email]?
> This will greatly simplify the communication within the group.

Derek's the only one who can change the build server setup and he seems to be away.

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

Frank H. Ellenberger-3
Hi Dmitriy et. al.
Am 03.07.2017 um 20:35 schrieb Di Mang:
> ​Hi Frank, John and Derek,
>
> ​​Can you please ​add​ the russian documentation to the nightly doc build?

As of today your nightlies are shown in
https://wiki.gnucash.org/docs/ru/

Known issues:

1. The pdf is unreadable because it is missing a cyrillic font.

I remember only vaguely, but for the creation of the japanese docs, we
bundle fonts from http://sourceforge.jp/projects/ume-font. Do you have
some suggestions for a free TTFs which cover cyrillic letters?

Probably we might need some additional configuration like
guide/ja/fop.xconf.in

2. in mobi the table of content looks ugly, but that issue covers all
languages. So I filed https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=784622
for our mobi experts.

3. For some reason it did not appear in
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/ru/gnucash-guide/index.html

> Would it be​ possible​ to create a mailing list for​ ​russian users:
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>?
> This will greatly simplify the communication within the group.

This is again a special task for Derek.

> Thanks a lot for your support!
>
> Best regards,
> DiMan

Regards
Frank

John Ralls <[hidden email]> writes:

>> On Jul 3, 2017, at 11:35 AM, Di Mang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ​Hi Frank, John and Derek,
>>
>> ​​Can you please ​add​ the russian documentation to the nightly doc build?
>> ​
>> Would it be​ possible​ to create a mailing list for​ ​russian users:
>> [hidden email]?
>> This will greatly simplify the communication within the group.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your support!
>
> Derek's the only one who can change the build server setup and he
> seems to be away.

Sorry, I was away on vacation and a work event; only now catching up on
~5000 emails that accumulated.

I can set up a gnucash-ru mailing list provided:

1) You already have a group of people who want it; one or two people
   really doesn't justify the cost of creating and maintaining the list,
   and (more importantly)

2) You have someone willing to act as list moderator, willing and able
   to check the list daily to clear any backlogs.

Let me know,