Russian translation - need help placing

Evgeny Zhulin
Hi!

I have russian translation docs gnucash. Please, help to put it to
gnucash.org. I haven't use GIT and don't know how put docs to gnucash.org
site.

Source russian translation: http://gnucash.ru/

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I have russian translation docs gnucash. Please, help to put it to
> gnucash.org. I haven't use GIT and don't know how put docs to gnucash.org
> site.

Thank you; we would need the documentation sources as a patch against
the gnucash-docs git repository.

Instructions for GIT can be found at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git

> Source russian translation: http://gnucash.ru/

Unfortunately this looks like the compiled docs, not the doc sources.
We need the sources.

Thank you!

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

Please be sure to CC gnucash-devel on all replies so that all the active
developers (I am not currently very active) can see your response..

Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I don't know how use GIT. Can I send to you sources text with *.doc format?

a) git is easy, and the link I provided explains how to use it.
b) We cannot take a .doc; we need the docbook xml sources.

>     Hi,
>
>     Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>     > Hi!
>     >
>     > I have russian translation docs gnucash. Please, help to put it to
>     > gnucash.org. I haven't use GIT and don't know how put docs to
>     gnucash.org
>     > site.
>
>     Thank you; we would need the documentation sources as a patch against
>     the gnucash-docs git repository.
>
>     Instructions for GIT can be found at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
>
>     > Source russian translation: http://gnucash.ru/
>
>     Unfortunately this looks like the compiled docs, not the doc sources.
>     We need the sources.
>
>     Thank you!
>
>     -derek
>     --
>            Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
>            Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
>            [hidden email]                        PGP key available

Re: Russian translation - need help placing

John Ralls-2

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 6:36 AM, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Please be sure to CC gnucash-devel on all replies so that all the active
> developers (I am not currently very active) can see your response..
>
> Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> writes:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I don't know how use GIT. Can I send to you sources text with *.doc format?
>
> a) git is easy, and the link I provided explains how to use it.
> b) We cannot take a .doc; we need the docbook xml sources.

>>    Hi,
>>
>>    Evgeny Zhulin <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I have russian translation docs gnucash. Please, help to put it to
>>> gnucash.org. I haven't use GIT and don't know how put docs to
>>    gnucash.org
>>> site.
>>
>>    Thank you; we would need the documentation sources as a patch against
>>    the gnucash-docs git repository.
>>
>>    Instructions for GIT can be found at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
>>
>>> Source russian translation: http://gnucash.ru/
>>
>>    Unfortunately this looks like the compiled docs, not the doc sources.
>>    We need the sources.
>>
>>    Thank you!

Evgeny,

To explain a bit more what Derek is telling you, please read http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Translating_the_GnuCash_Guide_and_Help.

If you rewrote the documentation in Russian in a word processor then I’m afraid you have a bit more work ahead of you, sorry. Derek’s comment that “git is easy” is true for most programmers, but it seems to be a bit more challenging for others, so we’ll happily take compressed archives (tar.gz, zip, etc.) of a complete translation *in DocBook markup*. You can get compressed archives of the documentation at https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/releases <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/releases> from which you can copy the construction files.

If you’re facile with gettext po files you can extract a potfile from the C sources and make an ru.po instead of creating DocBook sources; the Italian translation does that, so we already have infrastructure in place to handle it.