Register view

GnuCash - User mailing list
Is it possible to have both the description field and memo field in the register view. At the moment I have only the description field and I cannot see how to add the memo field

John

Re: Register view

Greg Feneis
Yes you can. Check the view menu for an item with a similar name.  I can't
recall exactly what it's called

Kind regards, Greg Feneis
(Samsung Galaxy S5)

On Jan 1, 2018 7:10 PM, "John Morgan via gnucash-user" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

Is it possible to have both the description field and memo field in the
register view. At the moment I have only the description field and I cannot
see how to add the memo field

John

Re: Register view

Dave H
View >> Transaction Journal may be what you're after ?

Cheers Dave H.

On 1 January 2018 at 23:37, John Morgan via gnucash-user <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to have both the description field and memo field in the
> register view. At the moment I have only the description field and I cannot
> see how to add the memo field
>
> John

Liz

Re: Register view

Liz
On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 19:14:57 -0800
Greg Feneis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes you can. Check the view menu for an item with a similar name.  I
> can't recall exactly what it's called
>
> Kind regards, Greg Feneis

You would like to see "Double Line" from the View menu.

Liz

Re: Register view

Select View> Double Line

David C

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 7:37 AM, John Morgan via gnucash-user <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to have both the description field and memo field in the
> register view. At the moment I have only the description field and I cannot
> see how to add the memo field
>
> John

Re: Check Register view disappeared; how do I get it back?

Dave Orsinger
I asked this basic question several days ago and still haven't found a
solution. I was starting with gnucash on a very basic, personal level.
I was entering data in the basic "check" register. When taking a break,
I accidentally "x'd" the check register tab and it went away (no
surprise). However, when I tried to make it reappear, I cant figure out
how to do it. My data is still there as I can run reports, etc. but I
need the "check" register to continue entering more data.
Perhaps someone can create a "dummy" account (named after me), do what I
did in closing the check register, and figure out how to get it back.

Much appreciated.
Dave O

On 1/1/2018 7:25 PM, Liz wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 19:14:57 -0800
> Greg Feneis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes you can. Check the view menu for an item with a similar name.  I
>> can't recall exactly what it's called
>>
>> Kind regards, Greg Feneis
>
> You would like to see "Double Line" from the View menu.
>
> Liz

Re: Check Register view disappeared; how do I get it back?

Colin Law
On 3 January 2018 at 18:38, Dave Orsinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I asked this basic question several days ago and still haven't found a
> solution. I was starting with gnucash on a very basic, personal level.  I
> was entering data in the basic "check" register. When taking a break, I
> accidentally "x'd" the check register tab and it went away (no surprise).
> However, when I tried to make it reappear, I cant figure out how to do it.
> My data is still there as I can run reports, etc. but I need the "check"
> register to continue entering more data.
> Perhaps someone can create a "dummy" account (named after me), do what I
> did in closing the check register, and figure out how to get it back.

Have you got a tab there titled Accounts? If so then open it and you should
be able to see all the accounts. Double click the account you want to
open.  If you haven't got the accounts tab then presumably you closed that
one too.  Click on View > New Accounts Page and it will open it again.

Colin

> Much appreciated.
> Dave O
>
> On 1/1/2018 7:25 PM, Liz wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 19:14:57 -0800
>> Greg Feneis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yes you can. Check the view menu for an item with a similar name.  I
>>> can't recall exactly what it's called
>>>
>>> Kind regards, Greg Feneis
>>>

>> You would like to see "Double Line" from the View menu.
>>
>> Liz

Re: Check Register view disappeared; how do I get it back?

Mike or Penny Novack-3
On 1/3/2018 1:38 PM, Dave Orsinger wrote:

> Hi,
> I asked this basic question several days ago and still haven't found a
> solution. I was starting with gnucash on a very basic, personal
> level.  I was entering data in the basic "check" register. When taking
> a break, I accidentally "x'd" the check register tab and it went away
> (no surprise). However, when I tried to make it reappear, I cant
> figure out how to do it. My data is still there as I can run reports,
> etc. but I need the "check" register to continue entering more data.
> Perhaps someone can create a "dummy" account (named after me), do what
> I did in closing the check register, and figure out how to get it back.
>
> Much appreciated.
> Dave O
You had been keeping this account "open" (a tab for it on the bar) and
you closed it so the tab went away?

What tabs DO you still have on that bar? Surely one for "accounts".
Click on that and it will bring up a view of your CoA (chart of
accounts; your hierarchy of accounts). You then find your checking
account in that hierarchy and open it (click on it) which will put it
back on the bar. Yes, MOST of the time your checking account will be one
of the accounts affected by a transaction but not always, so you need to
learn how to open ANY account in your CoA. So learning how to (re)open
your checking account useful.

Michael