Record initial brokerage

Chris Henderson
How do I show initial brokerage for stocks that I purchased before I
started using GnuCash?

Thanks.

Re: Record initial brokerage

sunfish62
Try looking at Chapter 8.5 of the Tutorial. Basically: "buy" shares as of your books opening, setting the price to make your cost basis accurate. Or, backdate a transaction (or transactions) with the same info.

HTH,
David

How do I show initial brokerage for stocks that I purchased before I
started using GnuCash?

Thanks.

Re: Record initial brokerage

randix
Having just gone through this, I opted to take the time to input the historical entries of my current positions...