Quantcast

Read *.gnucash

Oleg Linkin
Hello
I want to create mobila application for SailfishOS which will work as
mobile part of gnucash. Where I can get information about format of
*.gnucash files?

Thank you

Re: Read *.gnucash

Maf. King
On Thursday, 18 May 2017 12:45:53 BST Oleg Linkin wrote:
> Hello
> I want to create mobila application for SailfishOS which will work as
> mobile part of gnucash. Where I can get information about format of
> *.gnucash files?

Hi,

Don't know if it helps, but *.gnucash files are plain text XML, with optional
gzip compression.

I don't know about the structure of the tags in the XML, but I'd imagine that
there are docs or comments on the source repository?

Maybe try asking on the -devel list if you need clarification?  (although many
of the Devs are on this list too)

HTH
Maf.

Re: Read *.gnucash

Oleg Linkin
GZip!
Thx for ur help!

> On Thursday, 18 May 2017 12:45:53 BST Oleg Linkin wrote:
> > Hello
> > I want to create mobila application for SailfishOS which will work as
> > mobile part of gnucash. Where I can get information about format of
> > *.gnucash files?
> >

> Hi,
>
> Don't know if it helps, but *.gnucash files are plain text XML, with
> optional
> gzip compression.
>
> I don't know about the structure of the tags in the XML, but I'd imagine
> that
> there are docs or comments on the source repository?
>
> Maybe try asking on the -devel list if you need clarification?  (although
> many
> of the Devs are on this list too)
>
> HTH
> Maf.

Re: Read *.gnucash

Adonay Felipe Nogueira
If SailfishOS can make use of GTK+, then perhaps it would indeed be most
beneficial to GnuCash community that you use the same source files
rather than making a whole new project.

I don't know if GnuCash already has this, but I guess what must be done
is try to make it so that the GTK interface acts responsively based on
window size --- so that in cases where the GnuCash window gets shrunk,
the buttoms get grouped inside another one like "...". This of course
assumes that the device *doesn't* have zooming and has a tiny screen.

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com

Re: Read *.gnucash

Oleg Linkin
Sailfish support only QML as gui