Re: r11917 - gnucash/trunk - move QOF files to lib/libqof/

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: r11917 - gnucash/trunk - move QOF files to lib/libqof/

Neil Williams-2
On Sunday 13 November 2005 1:22 pm, Neil Williams wrote:

> Author: codehelp
> Date: 2005-11-13 08:22:34 -0500 (Sun, 13 Nov 2005)
> New Revision: 11917
>
> Added:
>    gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-date.c
>    gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-date.h
>    gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-engine-util.c
>    gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-engine-util.h
>    gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-event-p.h
>    gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-event.c
>    gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-event.h
>    gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-numeric.c
etc.

> Removed:
>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-date.c
>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-date.h
>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-engine-util.c
>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-engine-util.h
>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-event-p.h
>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-event.c
>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-event.h
>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-numeric.c

etc.

> Log:
> move QOF files to lib/libqof/

Despite appearances, this *was* svn move and the remote repository shows that
the history has been retained - yet the message to gnucash-patches gives the
impression that svn move had not been used.

Any way this can be shown in the emails?
(before I get into trouble!)

> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/11917
Trac shows the same, lots of files removed and lots of files added.

I *did* use svn move - honest!

http://svn.gnucash.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-numeric.c?rev=11917&view=log

The last log entry is:
Filename: gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-numeric.c
  Revision 5076 - (view) (download) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
 Added Tue Aug 7 23:36:04 2001 UTC (4 years, 3 months ago) by peticolas

--

Neil Williams
=============
http://www.data-freedom.org/
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/


_______________________________________________
gnucash-patches mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-patches

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: r11917 - gnucash/trunk - move QOF files to lib/libqof/

Christian Stimming
Am Sonntag, 13. November 2005 14:38 schrieb Neil Williams:

> On Sunday 13 November 2005 1:22 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Added:
> >    gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof/gnc-date.c
>
> Despite appearances, this *was* svn move and the remote repository shows
> that the history has been retained - yet the message to gnucash-patches
> gives the impression that svn move had not been used.
>
> Any way this can be shown in the emails?
> (before I get into trouble!)

:-))) Thanks for pointing this out. From a first glance this was indeed not
clear, but when checking svn log of the files in lib/libqof it is clearly
visible that the history was moved correctly. Looks very good.

Thanks for spending the extra time to explain this to us :-))

Christian
_______________________________________________
gnucash-patches mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-patches
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: r11917 - gnucash/trunk - move QOF files to lib/libqof/

Neil Williams-2
On Sunday 13 November 2005 1:49 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
> :-)))
> Thanks for pointing this out. From a first glance this was indeed not clear,

It freaked me out when the email that came back from the server. I could not
believe my eyes!

> but when checking svn log of the files in lib/libqof it is clearly
> visible that the history was moved correctly. Looks very good.

Thank you.

> Thanks for spending the extra time to explain this to us :-))

No problem.
:-))


--

Neil Williams
=============
http://www.data-freedom.org/
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/


_______________________________________________
gnucash-patches mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-patches

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: r11917 - gnucash/trunk - move QOF files to lib/libqof/

Christian Stimming
Am Sonntag, 13. November 2005 15:13 schrieb Neil Williams:
> > but when checking svn log of the files in lib/libqof it is clearly
> > visible that the history was moved correctly. Looks very good.
>
> Thank you.

This all compiles fine and well.

There is one open question, however, regarding the translation strings. There
are to-be-translated strings (although only two) in the single file
lib/libqof/backend/file/qsf-backend.c , the options for the file backend. So
far the policy was to ignore everything below lib/ for gnucash's translation.

What are you planning to do with these? Should they appear in gnucash's
gnucash.pot? Are these user-visible within gnucash? If yes, they should also
appear in gnucash.pot.

Christian
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: r11917 - gnucash/trunk - move QOF files to lib/libqof/

Neil Williams-2
On Sunday 13 November 2005 2:50 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
> There is one open question, however, regarding the translation strings.
> There are to-be-translated strings (although only two) in the single file
> lib/libqof/backend/file/qsf-backend.c , the options for the file backend.

Yes - those will be translated by QOF when used externally. They will need to
be translated by gnucash if QOF is used internally. Thankfully it's only two
strings so it's not too bad.

> What are you planning to do with these? Should they appear in gnucash's
> gnucash.pot?

Yes. I'm just looking at how the single file can be included via
make-gnucash-potfiles - it seems wrong to use the shortcut of a symlink.

Something simple like:
push @possible_files, qw( lib/libqof/backend/file/qsf-backend.c);
(line 16 of make-gnucash-potfiles.in)
?

Thanks for spotting that. If the push call is acceptable I'll commit later.

--

Neil Williams
=============
http://www.data-freedom.org/
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/


_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: r11917 - gnucash/trunk - move QOF files to lib/libqof/

Derek Atkins
In reply to this post by Neil Williams-2
Neil Williams <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Sunday 13 November 2005 1:49 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
>> :-)))
>> Thanks for pointing this out. From a first glance this was indeed not clear,
>
> It freaked me out when the email that came back from the server. I could not
> believe my eyes!

Yea, "svn move" looks in the logs like a bunch of remove and
adds in the same commit.  I'm not sure how to get the logs
to show that it was an actual "move".

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel