Re: gnucash master: Book-Currency Feature step 6

Re: gnucash master: Book-Currency Feature step 6

Geert Janssens-4
Alex,

This commit has broken make check on travis:
https://travis-ci.org/Gnucash/gnucash/builds/251783000

Can you check the error ?

On zondag 9 juli 2017 21:25:09 CEST J. Alex Aycinena wrote:

> [...]
> Author: Alex Aycinena <[hidden email]>
> Date:   Sun Jul 9 12:19:36 2017 -0700
>
>     Book-Currency Feature step 6
>
>     Modify File->Properties dialog to maintain a default gain/loss account
> in a book KVP.
>
>     The changes made are:
>
>     app-utils/app-utils.scm - define items related to book default
> gain/loss acct
>     app-utils/business-prefs.scm - define items related to book default
>             gain/loss acct;re-arrange sequence of options to make default
> (neither) first
>         app-utils/gnc-ui-util.c - refine gnc_book_get_default_gains_policy
> to check for hidden and/or placeholder status
>     app-utils/option-util.c & h - define items related to book default
> gain/loss acct
>     app-utils/options.scm - add functionality related to book default
> gain/loss acct
>         app-utils/test/test-gnc-ui-util.c - for
> gnc_book_get_default_gains_policy, add tests to check for hidden and/or
> placeholder status app-utils/test/test-option-util.cpp - add tests related
> to book default gain/loss acct
>     engine/engine.i - define item related to book default gain/loss acct
>     gnome-utils/dialog-options.c & h - add functionality related to book
> default gain/loss acct and rearrange dialog layout; make gain/loss acct
> widget refresh on account maintenance
>         gnome-utils/gnc-main-window.c - only allow one book-option dialog if
> called from file->properties
>     gnome-utils/gtkbuilder/dialog-options.glade - increase dialog height to
> accomodate book default gain/loss acct widget; add tooltip text for dialog
> buttons
>         gnome/assistant-hierarchy.c - change sequence of pages: book options
> before currency selection; if book currency selected, currency also
> selected gnome/gtkbuilder/assistant-hierarchy.glade - increase dialog
> height to accomodate book default gain/loss acct widget
>

> Summary of changes:
>  src/app-utils/app-utils.scm                     |    8 +-
>  src/app-utils/business-prefs.scm                |   14 +-
>  src/app-utils/gnc-ui-util.c                     |   18 +-
>  src/app-utils/option-util.c                     |   45 +
>  src/app-utils/option-util.h                     |    2 +
>  src/app-utils/options.scm                       |  116 ++-
>  src/app-utils/test/test-gnc-ui-util.c           |  130 ++-
>  src/app-utils/test/test-option-util.cpp         |   46 +-
>  src/engine/engine.i                             |    1 +
>  src/gnome-utils/dialog-options.c                | 1100
> ++++++++++++++++------- src/gnome-utils/dialog-options.h                |
>  3 +-
>  src/gnome-utils/gnc-main-window.c               |   22 +-
>  src/gnome-utils/gtkbuilder/dialog-options.glade |    5 +-
>  src/gnome/assistant-hierarchy.c                 |   62 +-
>  src/gnome/gtkbuilder/assistant-hierarchy.glade  |    2 +-
>  15 files changed, 1198 insertions(+), 376 deletions(-)

Re: gnucash master: Book-Currency Feature step 6

Robert Fewell-2
I did not realise that this content was so new, it showed up in my last
build log and I thought it was stuff from master that needed the deprecated
widgets converted, mainly table to grid and a vbox.

Shall I leave this for Alex to convert or wait for this to be fixed ?

Bob

On 10 July 2017 at 14:45, Geert Janssens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >  src/app-utils/option-util.c                     |   45 +
> >  src/app-utils/option-util.h                     |    2 +
> >  src/app-utils/options.scm                       |  116 ++-
> >  src/app-utils/test/test-gnc-ui-util.c           |  130 ++-
> >  src/app-utils/test/test-option-util.cpp         |   46 +-
> >  src/engine/engine.i                             |    1 +
> >  src/gnome-utils/dialog-options.c                | 1100
> > ++++++++++++++++------- src/gnome-utils/dialog-options.h
> |
> >  3 +-
> >  src/gnome-utils/gnc-main-window.c               |   22 +-
> >  src/gnome-utils/gtkbuilder/dialog-options.glade |    5 +-
> >  src/gnome/assistant-hierarchy.c                 |   62 +-
> >  src/gnome/gtkbuilder/assistant-hierarchy.glade  |    2 +-
> >  15 files changed, 1198 insertions(+), 376 deletions(-)

Re: gnucash master: Book-Currency Feature step 6

Alex Aycinena-2

> From: Geert Janssens <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Bcc:
> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:45:57 +0200
> Subject: Re: gnucash master: Book-Currency Feature step 6
> Alex,
>
> This commit has broken make check on travis:
> https://travis-ci.org/Gnucash/gnucash/builds/251783000
>
> Can you check the error ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert

Geert,

I have pushed a fix for this.

By the way, this points out to me that if I run make check (or ninja-build
check) with cmake, it doesn't run all the same tests as those with building
with autotools because I had incorrectly assumed that this test had run and
run correctly. I haven't built with autotools for quite some time and last
time I tried it didn't work. If this is being used on travis, I assume it
is now working so I will try to build with it.

Also, the tests with cmake failed:  86 - sqlite3test (SEGFAULT)

Regards,

Alex

On maandag 10 juli 2017 20:54:23 CEST Alex Aycinena wrote:

> [...]
Thanks.

> By the way, this points out to me that if I run make check (or ninja-build
> check) with cmake, it doesn't run all the same tests as those with building
> with autotools because I had incorrectly assumed that this test had run and
> run correctly.

This is something we should check. By aligning the dist tarballs I also bumped
into a missing test in app-utils via cmake.

> I haven't built with autotools for quite some time and last
> time I tried it didn't work. If this is being used on travis, I assume it
> is now working so I will try to build with it.
It should work indeed.

> Also, the tests with cmake failed:  86 - sqlite3test (SEGFAULT)

Yes, I have run into this as well before. This seems to happen if the test is
run more than once. The first time works, later runs fail. I suspect this has
to do with sqlite refusing to overwrite an existing (temporary) file, but I
never found time to hunt it down.

On maandag 10 juli 2017 18:31:25 CEST Robert Fewell wrote:
> I did not realise that this content was so new, it showed up in my last
> build log and I thought it was stuff from master that needed the deprecated
> widgets converted, mainly table to grid and a vbox.
>
> Shall I leave this for Alex to convert or wait for this to be fixed ?
>
> Bob

The problem is fixed so feel free to convert all that is still deprecated.

Note that the my gtk3 branch branched off of master around March 31st and
wasn't rebased since. So everything that happened on master affecting gtk2
would have been missed when working on my gtk3 branch. So it's to be expected
you would discover new deprecated stuff after the merge.

Re: gnucash master: Book-Currency Feature step 6

Robert Fewell-2
I have changed the widgets mainly from GtkTable to GtkGrid in my latest
pull request. As part of this I have added a function to blank the currency
edit widget instead of having to destroy the widget and create a new one as
this was creating errors in my trace file. I am not realy sure how this
book-currency feature should work but visually it looks the same, Alex can
you check it after it is merged to master and correct any thing I have got
wrong.

Bob

On 10 July 2017 at 21:08, Geert Janssens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On maandag 10 juli 2017 18:31:25 CEST Robert Fewell wrote:
> > I did not realise that this content was so new, it showed up in my last
> > build log and I thought it was stuff from master that needed the
> deprecated
> > widgets converted, mainly table to grid and a vbox.
> >
> > Shall I leave this for Alex to convert or wait for this to be fixed ?
> >
> > Bob
>
> The problem is fixed so feel free to convert all that is still deprecated.
>
> Note that the my gtk3 branch branched off of master around March 31st and
> wasn't rebased since. So everything that happened on master affecting gtk2
> would have been missed when working on my gtk3 branch. So it's to be
> expected
> you would discover new deprecated stuff after the merge.
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert

Re: gnucash master: Book-Currency Feature step 6

John Ralls-2
Alex,

How many more steps do you have in mind for this feature and how long do you think it will take? I ask because it's time to start thinking about setting feature, string, and code freeze dates for 2.8.

Re: gnucash master: Book-Currency Feature step 6

Alex Aycinena-2
Bob,

< snip >

> > Geert

Thanks for doing this. I looked it over pretty carefully and it all looks
good to me. I will use it as a guide in future work.

I will next be dealing with account maintenance. Have you already converted
that area?

Alex

Re: gnucash master: Book-Currency Feature step 6

Alex Aycinena-2
Fix subject on email

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Alex Aycinena <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> John,

Hopefully by now all glade files have been verified against Gtk version
3.10 and all deprecated widgets have been replaced apart from GtkUiManager
and GtkAction. There are also some in the AqBanking area that I have
locally but I need to figure out how to test them. Also be aware of the use
of GtkStyleContext and CSS.

Bob

On 17 July 2017 at 02:43, Alex Aycinena <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bob,

Alex,

OK, please move to a feature branch. Don’t forget to rebase often so that the merge isn’t messy when you’re eventually ready.

As for the visible changes in File->Properties I’d rather that you revert them from master and re-commit them to your feature branch rather than commenting them out. We have far too many blocks of commented-out or if-0-ed code littering the code base.