Re: auto-save now with confirmation (was: 2.2.0 and auto-save)

Re: auto-save now with confirmation (was: 2.2.0 and auto-save)

Christian Stimming
Am Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2007 16:56 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > Given the current difficulty of implementing a
> > autosave-to-alternate-file behavior, I'd suggest the following:
> >
> > #4) (a refinement of #2)  Leave auto-save enabled by default, but change
> > the behavior slightly:
> >   - When autosave triggers prompt the user with:

Implemented in r16256. Anyone with suggestions for improved wording? The
current wording is:

Title: "Save file automatically?"

Text: ("Your data file needs to be saved to your harddisk to save your
changes.  GnuCash has a feature to save the file automatically every %d
minutes, just as if you had pressed the \"Save\" button each time. \n\n"
  "You can change the time interval or turn off this feature under Edit ->
Preferences -> General -> Auto-save time interval. \n\n"
  "Should your file be saved automatically?"),

("_Yes, this time") ("Yes, _always") ("No, n_ever") ("_No, not this time")

The last button is the default one.

Also, I added a checkbox in the preferences for showing this confirmation
dialog again.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Christian

Re: auto-save now with confirmation (was: 2.2.0 and auto-save)

Beth Leonard
On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 11:49:47AM +0200, Christian Stimming wrote:

> > > #4) (a refinement of #2)  Leave auto-save enabled by default, but change
> > > the behavior slightly:
> > >   - When autosave triggers prompt the user with:
>
> Implemented in r16256. Anyone with suggestions for improved wording? The
> current wording is:
>
> Title: "Save file automatically?"
>
> Text: ("Your data file needs to be saved to your harddisk to save your
> changes.  GnuCash has a feature to save the file automatically every %d
> minutes, just as if you had pressed the \"Save\" button each time. \n\n"
>   "You can change the time interval or turn off this feature under Edit ->
> Preferences -> General -> Auto-save time interval. \n\n"
>   "Should your file be saved automatically?"),
>
> ("_Yes, this time") ("Yes, _always") ("No, n_ever") ("_No, not this time")
>
> The last button is the default one.
>
> Also, I added a checkbox in the preferences for showing this confirmation
> dialog again.

I like it!  Only change I'd make is add a space in harddisk.
harddisk -> hard disk

--Beth
Beth Leonard
http://www.LeonardFamilyVideos.com

Re: auto-save now with confirmation (was: 2.2.0 and auto-save)

Hendrik Boom-2
On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 09:45:24AM -0700, Beth Leonard wrote:

> > Implemented in r16256. Anyone with suggestions for improved wording? The
> > current wording is:
> >
> > Title: "Save file automatically?"
> >
> > Text: ("Your data file needs to be saved to your harddisk to save your
> > changes.  GnuCash has a feature to save the file automatically every %d
> > minutes, just as if you had pressed the \"Save\" button each time. \n\n"
> >   "You can change the time interval or turn off this feature under Edit ->
> > Preferences -> General -> Auto-save time interval. \n\n"
> >   "Should your file be saved automatically?"),
> >
> > ("_Yes, this time") ("Yes, _always") ("No, n_ever") ("_No, not this time")
> >
> > The last button is the default one.
> >
> > Also, I added a checkbox in the preferences for showing this confirmation
> > dialog again.
>
> I like it!  Only change I'd make is add a space in harddisk.
> harddisk -> hard disk

It might be good not to autosave if nothing has changed.  Perhaps that's
taken for granted, but I thought I should mention it ....

-- hendrik