Re: [GNC] dpkg-builder

Andrew Clark
There's a GnuCash 3.4 Debian package in buster/testing already?
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gnucash

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 at 07:36, Stephen M. Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anybody a wizard with dpkg-builder?  Still trying to get a debian
> package ready for folks.  I'm in over my head.
>
> Private mail me -- so we don't use up the bandwidth on either of these
> mailing lists.
>
> --
> Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
> 253-350-0166

Cheers,

Andrew.

Re: [GNC] [GNC-dev] dpkg-builder

Mechtilde
Hello

unter debian Buster you can use GnuCash version 3.4 from the Debian repo.

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: [GNC] dpkg-builder

Andrew Clark
I don't have an Ubuntu machine to test on, and this probably isn't the
cleanest way to build a package (it's been a while for me) but under buster
to build the package from source and make a deb:

sudo apt install fakeroot quilt
sudo apt build-deps gnucash
apt source gnucash
cd gnucash-3.4
export QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches
export QUILT_REFRESH_ARGS="-p ab --no-timestamps --no-index"
quilt push -a
vi debian/rules and add fakeroot to the start of line 31
./debian/rules binary

That basic build process should be fairly similar under Ubuntu to get the
existing package. Once you can built the package as distributed by the
Ubuntu folks you can then pull down whatever source you want to and use a
similar process to build a package The version numbers used to build the
packages are stored in files named debian/[package]/DEBIAN/control

--
Cheers,

Andrew.