Re: [GNC] Include Account Numbers on Trial Balance Message-ID:

Re: [GNC] Include Account Numbers on Trial Balance Message-ID:

GnuCash - User mailing list
I learned bookkeeping BC (before computer).  As a result, I do most of my work in the General Journal.  When I set up the accounts in GC the account number was part of the name, ie:  101 Cash on Hand.  This is one way of getting the account numbers on the reports.  I use GC for both personal accounts and a non-profit organization.  It is much better than the old excel spreadsheets that I had been using.Bruce

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019  Christopher Lam <[hidden email]> wrote
This is not currently possible in the Trial Balance. Please file an
enhancement on https://bugs.gnucash.org/

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 at 09:33, Charles Peter Avery <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a new user to GNUcash and I need to include account numbers on my
> trial
> balance report for my accountant and I cannot figure out how to do this.
> Would you be able to provide some advice please? I have established the
> accounting tree with account numbers.  I am not a programmer and have no
> knowledge of programming languages.
>
> Regards
> Charles Avery

Re: [GNC] Include Account Numbers on Trial Balance Message-ID:

Stan Brown
By the way, you can enter the account number in lieu of the account
name, even if the account number isn't part of the name. (This is true
in 2.6.19; I assume it's still possible in 3.x.)

On 2019-07-22 11:36, Bruce Irving via gnucash-user wrote:
> I learned bookkeeping BC (before computer).  As a result, I do most of my work in the General Journal.  When I set up the accounts in GC the account number was part of the name, ie:  101 Cash on Hand.  This is one way of getting the account numbers on the reports.  I use GC for both personal accounts and a non-profit organization.  It is much better than the old excel spreadsheets that I had been using.Bruce

Stan Brown

Tompkins County, New York, USA

http://BrownMath.com

http://OakRoadSystems.com

Re: [GNC] Include Account Numbers on Trial Balance Message-ID:

CharlieRyde
Thank you Stan.

I entered the account name as all text and I have entered an account number in a separate field. I am using Version 3.5 on Windows 10.