Re: [GNC] GNC] Chart of Accounts sort order in v3.2 - Help

Re: [GNC] GNC] Chart of Accounts sort order in v3.2 - Help

Stan Brown
I can confirm that the change did NOT happen between 2.x and 3.2.  I
have 2.6.19, and when I click on Amount Name, in the Accounts tab, I get
only the choice of alphabetical and reverse alphabetical. GTK3 has
seemed like a step backwards in user convenience, in several matters,
but this is not one of them. (I don't blame the GC developers for
keeping current with GTK; I blame the GTK developers.)

I understand, Alan, that you don't want to spend time entering account
codes. But it would not be just for the sorting of the Accounts view.
You can also use the account code, just like the name, when entering
transactions in the registers. (That's true in 2.6.19; I haven't tried
3.x because so many problems have been reported with that version and
Windows operating system. Hopefully they'll be fixed in 3.3.)

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com
http://OakRoadSystems.com

Re: [GNC] GNC] Chart of Accounts sort order in v3.2 - Help

Fred Bone
On 04 September 2018 at 18:03, Stan Brown said:

> I can confirm that the change did NOT happen between 2.x and 3.2.  I
> have 2.6.19, and when I click on Amount Name, in the Accounts tab, I get
> only the choice of alphabetical and reverse alphabetical.

I'm running 2.6.21 (on Windows 10) and I see three orders for account
name. I have mine in alphabetical order (first top level is Assets); one
click on the heading results in reverse alphabetical; second click puts
"Income" first; third click back where we started.

I haven't tried 3.x yet.

Re: [GNC] GNC] Chart of Accounts sort order in v3.2 - Help

Alan Maddocks

I re-installed version 2.6.6 and that has 3 Account sort options: the choice of alphabetical and reverse alphabetical and also the order that the accounts were entered in.  I have already spent time entering the account codes.  As you have mentioned the many problems reported with version 3.x and Windows, I think I will stick with version 2.6.6 for the time being.

Regards,

Alan.