Re: Files don't export as html

Peter Kiessling

Mar 30
Great idea Geert.
Bottom line - it works. I had not considered it before because I didn’t know how to select the whole report other than using cursor pull down highlighting all. Turns out I can click upper left then shift-click lower right and all gets highlighted. Pastes correctly except last 2 lines (totals) which are shifted to the left cells instead of bottom right. Not a problem for me though.  I don’t use them much.
For fun I used the mac numbers spreadsheet also which in latest version seems to require me to tell it that the separators are tabs with this table.
Pete

On Mar 30, 2018, at 9:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Op vrijdag 30 maart 2018 07:08:39 CEST schreef Peter Kiessling:

Update;
> I continued using my work around. Then tonight, suddenly again, the .html
> extension began to reappear. I did snoop around a bit and surmise that the
> only thing lacking in the report file was the extension label, which is
> necessary for the browser to see it. Text edit showed a file that seemed to
> have html code even though it was not labelled html or anything. Anyhow now
> working.

Have you tried copying straight from the gnucash report window instead of
exporting to the browser and then copying ? It should give you the same result
while saving you an intermediate step.

Re: Files don't export as html

Ken Schneider-2

Ken Schneider

> On Mar 30, 2018, at 6:54 PM, Peter Kiessling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Mar 30
> Great idea Geert.
> Bottom line - it works. I had not considered it before because I didn’t know how to select the whole report other than using cursor pull down highlighting all. Turns out I can click upper left then shift-click lower right and all gets highlighted.

You might also try ctrl-a to highlight all after you click in the upper left.

Re: Files don't export as html

Peter Kiessling

Thanks Ken,
 Sounds Good. Is there some sort of manual for these tricks?
Pete

On Mar 30, 2018, at 4:54 PM, Kenneth Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ken Schneider

> On Mar 30, 2018, at 6:54 PM, Peter Kiessling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Mar 30
> Great idea Geert.
> Bottom line - it works. I had not considered it before because I didn’t know how to select the whole report other than using cursor pull down highlighting all. Turns out I can click upper left then shift-click lower right and all gets highlighted.

You might also try ctrl-a to highlight all after you click in the upper left.

Re: Files don't export as html

Adrien Monteleone
CMD/CTRL+A is standard across most operating systems for ’select all’. There are many other common keyboard shortcuts. Do a web search for ‘keyboard shortcuts for Mac’ and there are several resources with lists and cheat sheets.